Mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaribbeanFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got m a pair of mollies for two months now but I see no sign of the female being pregnant.What can I do

Go ahead and tell me a little bit about your fishies and their home.
How many mollies, how big they are, any other fish, relations with the other fish, tank water parameters, temperature, etc. (y)

I got two mollies a male and a female. I keep them in a backyard pond there kept with 9 swordtails and over 30 guppies.I see the male mollies trying to breed with her a few times but it's just that she's never pregnant. Here are some pictures the small on is the male
IMG_3826.JPGIMG_3825.JPGIMG_3829.JPG

Go ahead and tell me a little bit about your fishies and their home.
How many mollies, how big they are, any other fish, relations with the other fish, tank water parameters, temperature, etc. (y)

Plz reply

They definitely look healthy! (y)
The thing with mollies is they're like lions... They're supposed to have one male to many females, otherwise the female is always stressed by the male never leaving her alone. Minimum you want is one male and two females; that's what I have and they are pregnant CONSTANTLY.
I'd try putting in one more female and see what happens.
Do you know what the temperature of your pond is?

I dont know the temperature for my pond.But since I live in the Caribbean the temperature is A ok

Thank you I will definitely throw in another one
But do you know what type I have an can I get a molly with a different colour

What you have are called Gold Dust colored Common Mollies, due to their rounded dorsal fins.
You can breed literally any type or color. They intermingle. In fact when you do breed them, you will find yourself with babies of all different colors that may not even make sense.

What you have are called Gold Dust colored Common Mollies, due to their rounded dorsal fins.
You can breed literally any type or color. They intermingle. In fact when you do breed them, you will find yourself with babies of all different colors that may not even make sense.

Ohh thats cool,then I'll buy a molly and I'll surly keep you updated

I have one black short-fin molly and two white short-fin mollies, and my babies were Dalmatian, white, and wild colors.

Yes, please do! I'd love to hear how they do! :dance:

Back
Top Bottom