My husband thinks I've joined AA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, get an extra tank overthere. So, the problem will be solved. Or don't you have any space left at home?

My mom does not want me getting another one

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Ooch... that sucks! Well, you can't fight your mom...! Now I do understand your dilemma... Never fight your mom! Eventhough, I'm much older... even I don't dare to fight my mom... :D:D

Ooch... that sucks! Well, you can't fight your mom...! Now I do understand your dilemma... Never fight your mom! Eventhough, I'm much older... even I don't dare to fight my mom... :D:D

I can say that I wholeheartedly agree with you...

Today we are going to find the main causes this addiction

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My main cause of my addiction stems from my mother-in-law giving us an early Christmas present of a 29 gallon set up.

29g Tropical Freshwater 2 female Endlers, 2 female Mollies, 1 male Molly, 1 male Tuxedo Guppy, 6 Pepper Corys, 2 Assassin Snails, 6 Ghost Shrimp...

10g Tropical Freshwater 13 various Endler and Molly fry, 4 Pepper Corys and 3 Ghost Shrimp...

My main cause of my addiction stems from my mother-in-law giving us an early Christmas present of a 29 gallon set up.

29g Tropical Freshwater 2 female Endlers, 2 female Mollies, 1 male Molly, 1 male Tuxedo Guppy, 6 Pepper Corys, 2 Assassin Snails, 6 Ghost Shrimp...

10g Tropical Freshwater 13 various Endler and Molly fry, 4 Pepper Corys and 3 Ghost Shrimp...

So basically, it's your mother-in-law's fault... Right?:D Shame on her!

I will probably set up my five gallon again she won't get to mad about that

The real Squeaker is addicted also, and is requesting to join AA.

The secret is to have multiple tanks from the start. Then get a smaller tank and set it up near all your other tanks so it doesn't stand out. If someone else notices it you say you've always had that tank. The hard part is buying it and sneaking it in without anyone noticing.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

She seems more worried about the amount more than the size I might just get a large tank and say I got it to put all my fish in there and get rid of the other tanks but slowly fill them up

You could say that

I have a 55g native semi planted tank and a 80g heavily planted dirted tropical tank. These two take up a ton of my time :b

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If I read this all, it seems that this hobby leads to secret activities... Oh, oh, oh...

Very secretive activities, that we must admit to, to be on the road to recovery from this particular addiction... ;)

My husband is NOT helping my addiction. He just called me from work (it's 1:24am) one of his customers asked him if he would be interested in a fully stocked 38 gallon set up that his brother foisted on him.

Our conversation:
"Did I wake you up?"
"Kinda, what's wrong?"
"Nothing, do you want a 38 gallon fully stocked tank?"
"Huh? What are you talking about?"
"A 38 gallon fully stocked freshwater tank."
"How much? What's it stocked with?"
"It's free, so I didn't think it mattered what is in it."
"[Moderator edit] yeah I want it. How soon can I pick it up?"

So the I fall off the wagon even more...my hubby loves me so much...now I got to figure out how to transport it and where to put it.

Our early Christmas present of a 29g has expanded to a fry tank and now a new 38g tank of ????

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds very familiar.

I keep the computer on my lap 80, hmmmm 85% of the time if the TV is on and I am sitting around "watching" tv ...

Conversation something like Blah blah blah, ...your new phone is coming Thursday", "not here today?" "no" blah blah blah. "Never mind, I can see you are busy with your fish friends". "Sorry I just have to finish (pick one) checking, fixing, moving, answering, helping, this one thing..." "I think I am going to grow some gills" "No, no, no, I am paying attention now. I thought we were watching TV?"

"How's everything in fishland?"

'No that's not a new tank it's already been used."

"I need to grow more plants" "Really aren't there enough plants?" "No there is a different kind of plant I need there"

"These are just like little gardens, not really like a fish tank, there's just shrimp in there"

These are like my house plants...

"Do you kill a lot of fish?" "NO! Why would you ask that?" I am just wondering because you are always needing more fish, are these replacements for the ones you have killed?" Moderately long conversation/explanation detailing the type of fish which goes into each type of tank and how they do or do not get along, they need more friends to be happy," etc, where he hears "blah blah, blah, blah." :lol: :angel:

He loves me and likes me to be happy. "As long as it makes you happy."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom