Science fair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishdude3233

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have no idea what to do however I want it be something with fish I will have a fish room in like a month and the project isn't due until January... Any ideas I was thinking guppies?

What grade level is the science fair? I did this thing called a bio bottle in freshman bio where we had to create a thriving aquatic ecosystem inside a large jar (nitrogen cycle, food web, etc.) it was pretty cool, had all sorts of micro organisms like water bears and whatnot

What grade level is the science fair? I did this thing called a bio bottle in freshman bio where we had to create a thriving aquatic ecosystem inside a large jar (nitrogen cycle, food web, etc.) it was pretty cool, had all sorts of micro organisms like water bears and whatnot

I like this idea, do something with water and the micro organism that appear. I'm sure you'd be allowed to use a microscope whenever you need.

I like this idea, do something with water and the micro organism that appear. I'm sure you'd be allowed to use a microscope whenever you need.

Exactly, and for larger organisms we had three guppies and a apple snail, as well as some hitch hiker pond snails that came with our duck weed.

During the last couple weeks of the project, our guppies had a load of fry. My group got an A. ;D

You could do a genetics based research with the guppies two but then again 3 months isn't really enough time if you haven't started yet. Our you could test the affects of supplementing a planted aquarium and the growth in the plantscompared to those of the same species that haven't been supplemented

Maybe you could do an experiment on the effects of pollutants on freshwater plant growth. E.g. - Garden fertilizers, limes, herbicides, pesticides, insecticides, etc. I mentioned plants because I was NOT suggesting use of the guppies for that.

Back
Top Bottom