Sweet sale and crazy big puffer in Columbus, Ohio...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deli_conker

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to Aquarium Adventure on the north side last night and talked to one of the managers. Seems like they are having a sale starting this Saturday where they are going to be selling a lot of thier tanks at around cost (and I just got my income tax back...)

Also, they have a SW puffer (not sure of what type) that is around 22 inches long! His eyes are about the size of a quarter. He looks like he swallowed a nerf football. I'm going to try to take my camera in and get a pic of him tonight for all to look at.

The manager told me that they had thier "fish getter" find this one so that people who wanted to buy a "cute little puffer" would know that they don't stay little. I think it's a cool thing that they are concerned that people are educated (somewhat) about the tank size needed for what they are buying.

they already have great prices on tanks. best in the city imo. the guy i talked to last week said february is super cheapo ultra sale month. almost all month. and if your a fish club member (lifetime membership $50) you will end up with like 40% off all livestock (normally 25% with membership) i wonder if employees get a discount there. i could use a weekend job to get fish cheaper... er suppliment my normal income. :mrgreen:

Here's a few pics of him.
He's like 22 inches long with tail
About 7 inches wide and 4-5 inches tall

I can email full size pics (not all posted to anybody who asks for them...

Looks alot healthier than the full grown Porcupine that my LFS has..

He has the saddest eyes, and IMHO is not in a big enough tank.

hes my buddy, whenever I walk in he swims to the front of the tank and watches me, begging me to take him home.

If Only I had a tank large enough :bawl:

The one at mine is a pretty cool too. The first time I saw him, he looked so surreal. It was like some funky animatronics type thing. I had never seen one that big before then.

Does anybody know how big his maximum size is?

The one at mine (in the pics) is a pretty cool fish too. The first time I saw him, he looked so surreal. It was like some funky animatronics type thing. I had never seen one that big before then.

Does anybody know how big his maximum size is?

You've got me so tempted to be making another trip up to Aquarium Adventure. It's one of my favorite stores but I don't get there often, almost a 2 hour drive for me. Anyway, just curious deli_conker and Centurion (or anyone else from the area), ever been to Byerlys?

Just stopped by (not an easy place to get to from OSU campus). Beautiful fish! I wish I had the room for he/she in my dorm. I'm afraid my MTS will get worse if I keep catching "sales" I started this school year with 2 tanks of fish and I now have 7 with an 8th being set up. Thanks for the heads up!

a porcupine puffer can reach 3 feet in length. i saw him the other day. i wonder what they did with the shark that was in that tank. they also had a beautiful flame angel. i need to get on track with my reef tank, so i can buy him up before hes gone. :twisted:

never heard of byerlys, but i guess ill look it up and check it out. i hope it doesnt take 2 hours for you to get there. i can get there in 15min and get to U. of Dayton in just over an hour. you must be on the far side of dayton. 8O

jen if you go north on 315 to the 161 west exit its on the right just before you get to sawmill rd. turn in where you see the mcdonalds classic. or take 315 north to 270 west to sawmill rd (the next exit) turn left (south) 3 blocks on the left. :mrgreen:

so... i went back there today to check out his semi-annual sale. most equipment marked down pretty good. but heres what i have to say i liked: almost all tanks 30% off! so who could resist another 10g for $6... not me :mrgreen: oh and did i mention all fish, freshwater and marine, and all plants 50% OFF!!! 8O so who could resist a few new friends... almost not me :roll: i brought home a powder blue dwarf gourami (but im going back tomorrow or sunday) SALE ENDS SUNDAY!!! so if you are looking to get something soon, this weekend will be the time to get it.

the 30" shark is back in with the 24" porcupine puffer, he must have been on vacation last time i was in.

man i eyed that desjani tang that was $250 and thought to myself "half off? i could do $125. so if i get the equipment this sale, ill be set up and running in 6 months for the next one..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom