This is what is wrong with our Society

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purevil21

Aquarium Advice Addict
WANTED: 180 to 220 gallon reef aquarium fish tank

This guy has been posting every week for MONTHS. Everyone wants something for nothing, most of the time he says he would like a "donation". I emailed him and told him that if he can't afford an aquarium like the rest of us, then he can't possible afford the upkeep of a tank that large. Isn't it more rewarding to actually EARN something?

Perhaps I am just old school....

I don't think he ever said he wasn't willing to pay good money. If anything it sounds like he's on the right track. He wants a set up with no fish. Most people who don't know our hobby would ask for a set up with fish and wouldn't know how tk take care of them. I'm assuming this isn't his first tank and wants to upgrade. Hence the, ok with rock but no sand or fish. I'd give him a break.

Nevemind I just saw the part where you said he'd like a donation. That's just crazy to ask for.

Lol... I hope he spends a bunch of time posting those. A LOT of people in todays society think they are entitled to something. It makes me laugh. The best you can do is ignore him and raise your children not to act like that. You'll be doing everyone a favor.

I love those kinds of posts.

I would like a 250 gallon aquarium and stand. It must new and still in a shipping crate. Not in a box because it may get damaged when you ship it to me. The stand must be custom made from English cedar and stained with Thompson's Cherrywood Supreme. I prefer 4 coats of clear but I will accept 3 if you are an experienced carpenter. It must also come with all of the equipment like filters and stuff. I don't know anything about fish tanks so you will also need to do some sort of comprehensive research. This research must be compiled into a single looseleaf notebook and must have color coded tabs. The tabs should be labeled as well because I am color blind, sort of.

Keep in mind that this will be a charitable donation on your part so you will need to be at my house once it arrives to set it all up for me.

I know, when I first saw the title and started reading I figured he was going to be offering atleast a couple grand, then I saw free donation. I don't think he understands the meaning of the word donate, he wants a gift. A very expensive gift from a total stranger.

I've seen preachers asking for someone to donate a motorcycle to him. Starting off about how it would be more convenient and economical. Then finishing by specifying that it must be at least a 750 v-twin, lots of chrome, and a sissy bar for a passenger.

What is wrong with people, everyone wants to have everything for absolutely nothing.

It's not so much this one occurrence as what it represents. This is one example of several. People don't want to earn things for themselves anymore. They want their parents, or other family, or government, etc.... to give them everything. That issue is at the core of a lot of our major problems in the world. The amount of people seeking hand outs is rapidly increasing and things like this just underline it. This posting didn't upset me as much as entertain me, my wife and I laughed about it. You don't find it funny that someone is being so picky about something they want for free. Like the preacher wanting a motorcycle, but only if it was a certain cc motor, and has plenty of chrome.lol

lol some ego on this guy wanting a 180G aquarium for free lol

I got my 33g tank, stand, filter and gravel from my neighbor, but that was after I bugged her for a few weeks about tge 29g setup I was going to buy. She finally told me I could havr all of that. She wouldn't take any money or anything. I dont see a problem with handouts but I will agree that it is totally bunk to ask for a very expensive gift, and the specify as to what you want. It jusy shouldn't be that way.

I posted an ad on CL asking for a free house... The thing is, you never know until you ask. I only did it once, and even had someone from zimbabwe write me and tell me that if I wired them $1000 for transfer fees, they would mail me the keys (they were moving to zimbabwe for mission work). lol

mfdrookie516 said:
I posted an ad on CL asking for a free house... The thing is, you never know until you ask. I only did it once, and even had someone from zimbabwe write me and tell me that if I wired them $1000 for transfer fees, they would mail me the keys (they were moving to zimbabwe for mission work). lol

Lol

Back
Top Bottom