What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha! They are mean, and territorial. And very prolific breeders. Soon you'll have hundreds, lol
If they sell that will be a good thing LOL

If not maybe I should buy that Oscar anyway. Might have plenty of snacks for him [emoji23]

Yay D-Fish, goldfish finally coming!

Well, I still have the preschool fish tank. The ADF's are blind for sure one especially. Keep just trying to gobble up the other's feet. I may remove 2 of them and leave one.

Then they Dwarf Cray gets close and the ADF try to bite him, and he tries to pinch them! Bad combo? So far it doesn't seem there are any ADF with missing toes. And the Cray still has his claws. The ADF eat a lot! I guess I haven't had 3 together before. 2 are gaining girth and one is still thin, maybe the male.

[I think] I have decided to rehome the huge Yoyo Loaches. There are too many in that 80G. And I would love to keep the Clown Loaches more than the Yoyo Loaches. But they will probably need a new home too. They are so beautiful and funny to watch. Maybe just keep the small ones and grow them up and find the bigger ones a new home. Can't. Decide. For sure.

Lost the picked on Pearl Gourami (from the trio) I got from a hobbyist. His bite marks were just finally starting to heal. One spot was still looking bad. But the other odd thing is last week one of the other Pearl Gourami was beginning to look like a male, I now wonder if they were sparing over the one female??? The male looking one is now getting some fringe and orange color on the fin... :popcorn:

Water change on the PRL tank and the preschool tank. And the 30G Pearl Gourami Waterbox tank.

On a more pleasant note, I found 3 little tiny PRL/CRS Dwarf shrimp fry.

Yay D-Fish, goldfish finally coming!

Well, I still have the preschool fish tank. The ADF's are blind for sure one especially. Keep just trying to gobble up the other's feet. I may remove 2 of them and leave one.

Then they Dwarf Cray gets close and the ADF try to bite him, and he tries to pinch them! Bad combo? So far it doesn't seem there are any ADF with missing toes. And the Cray still has his claws. The ADF eat a lot! I guess I haven't had 3 together before. 2 are gaining girth and one is still thin, maybe the male.

[I think] I have decided to rehome the huge Yoyo Loaches. There are too many in that 80G. And I would love to keep the Clown Loaches more than the Yoyo Loaches. But they will probably need a new home too. They are so beautiful and funny to watch. Maybe just keep the small ones and grow them up and find the bigger ones a new home. Can't. Decide. For sure.

Lost the picked on Pearl Gourami (from the trio) I got from a hobbyist. His bite marks were just finally starting to heal. One spot was still looking bad. But the other odd thing is last week one of the other Pearl Gourami was beginning to look like a male, I now wonder if they were sparing over the one female??? The male looking one is now getting some fringe and orange color on the fin... :popcorn:

Water change on the PRL tank and the preschool tank. And the 30G Pearl Gourami Waterbox tank.

On a more pleasant note, I found 3 little tiny PRL/CRS Dwarf shrimp fry.
Haha! I know it's not funny in a damaging sense, but reading it made me chuckle. The fact that the frogs try to eat each others feet....too odd sounding not to laugh

If they sell that will be a good thing LOL

If not maybe I should buy that Oscar anyway. Might have plenty of snacks for him [emoji23]
I used to have a m and f con together. They spawned twice and I (don't tell PETA) gradually fed most of the fry to my other cichlid tanks. I wound up keeping a few, now I have 2 males in separate tanks and a 45g that's got about 6 females only in it. You really can't sell them because, due to availability on the market, Petco and Petsmart sell them for just a few bucks.

Haha! I know it's not funny in a damaging sense, but reading it made me chuckle. The fact that the frogs try to eat each others feet....too odd sounding not to laugh

They dog pile on each other when they smell the food, then feel something next to them and chomp! It was incredulous. They just kept doing it like a comedy act.

Today I found someone to rehome my Yoyo Loaches. A friend is coming to pick them up Wednesday for the person, because I do not have time to drop them off, and they had surgery and can't drive at the moment. But they will have a good home. (y) I just have to catch them Tuesday:eek: And the same person will be taking some Powder Orange Isopods for their friend! (y)

That will help with the bioload and I will be gone for 2 weeks and someone else will have to feed my fish for me.

Also need to off load that preschool tank.

And get the blue rimmed Betta into the wine glass tank.

Also move the shrimp to the living room where they can get fed more easily than being in the back room.

All water changes need to get done as well. Might do one this tonight and in tomorrow night on the big tanks and one next Friday. That should freshen up the tanks.

Looks like I need to take one day, maybe Tuesday and just do all tank stuff.

Well I got the goldfish. They are not what I was expecting unfortunately. Much lower quality than what I thought I was buying. I was sent "extras" though I don't really have the space for them.

Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet honestly. Feel a bit let down.

Well I got the goldfish. They are not what I was expecting unfortunately. Much lower quality than what I thought I was buying. I was sent "extras" though I don't really have the space for them.

Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet honestly. Feel a bit let down.

Very sorry that happened to you. That is the pits. :nono::nono::nono: I really hate the sell a picture of something and give you something else. I know that feeling of disappointment and not sure you even really want what you ended up with. Online purchasing can be a crap shoot, even when you think you are getting the wysiwyg or the pic saying from these are the group of fish you will get.

Maybe you can sell them off to recoup their cost and the extra and try again for something better.

Very sorry that happened to you. That is the pits. :nono::nono::nono: I really hate the sell a picture of something and give you something else. I know that feeling of disappointment and not sure you even really want what you ended up with. Online purchasing can be a crap shoot, even when you think you are getting the wysiwyg or the pic saying from these are the group of fish you will get.

Maybe you can sell them off to recoup their cost and the extra and try again for something better.
Maybe I know a pet store about an hour away I might be able to trade them in for some food or something.

I hate to sound that way but like you said sometimes you don't know what you are really getting.
I may a couple and sale/give away a couple.

I'll wait a few days before I make that choice though. I got 6 so I did get twice what I ordered for what that is worth...

Wow! Busy week. I thought I was always busy with aquarium stuff, but you have me beat. We maintain 1 aquarium each for 2 local restaurants. Both lost power and water during the freeze, one had 4 lamp eye tetras survive. The other lost whole stock; pleco, pictus, 2 different species of gourami, barbs and Molly's. Yesterday we cleaned both tanks and bought a few fish to start restocking

Maybe I know a pet store about an hour away I might be able to trade them in for some food or something.

I hate to sound that way but like you said sometimes you don't know what you are really getting.
I may a couple and sale/give away a couple.

I'll wait a few days before I make that choice though. I got 6 so I did get twice what I ordered for what that is worth...
Sorry about the quality. That stinks. I read alot of reviews about on line sellers. Lots of complaints like this about plant quality

Sorry about the quality. That stinks. I read alot of reviews about on line sellers. Lots of complaints like this about plant quality
I have bought tropicals from this seller before and was happy with what I got.
Goldfish have a lot more variation than most tropicals though so one neon or barb is pretty much like the next. I had ordered ryukin goldfish and what I got could have come from the cheap fantail tank at any big chain pet store. I paid easily 4 times what they are worth. The sizes where all over the place also.
I'm thinking I may keep 2-3 just because I bought them. But I will rehome some and look for what I want at one of the two big box stores I have near me.

I don't really have any smaller family owned shops close by except one. And honestly it's more of a marine shop than a freshwater store.

I got my corner pieces that I ordered to finish one of my custom tanks I'm building... But found out they won't work. They look like 90° corner pieces but in actuality they were equilateral triangle pieces. So I can't use them and just wasted the money on that acrylic.
I ended up just buying some of the weldon 16 and when it comes I'll used some of it and hope for the best.

Anyway trying not to let that get me down.

I really need to do water changes today or tomorrow. Working 7 days a week is causing me to get behind on my tank maintenance.

I have bought tropicals from this seller before and was happy with what I got.
Goldfish have a lot more variation than most tropicals though so one neon or barb is pretty much like the next. I had ordered ryukin goldfish and what I got could have come from the cheap fantail tank at any big chain pet store. I paid easily 4 times what they are worth. The sizes where all over the place also.
I'm thinking I may keep 2-3 just because I bought them. But I will rehome some and look for what I want at one of the two big box stores I have near me.

I don't really have any smaller family owned shops close by except one. And honestly it's more of a marine shop than a freshwater store.

I got my corner pieces that I ordered to finish one of my custom tanks I'm building... But found out they won't work. They look like 90° corner pieces but in actuality they were equilateral triangle pieces. So I can't use them and just wasted the money on that acrylic.
I ended up just buying some of the weldon 16 and when it comes I'll used some of it and hope for the best.

Anyway trying not to let that get me down.

I really need to do water changes today or tomorrow. Working 7 days a week is causing me to get behind on my tank maintenance.
Man. It's not been your week. Tomo you can start again!

Man. It's not been your week. Tomo you can start again!
I hope so. I have a date tomorrow evening so hopefully I have all my bad luck out if the way before I get to that lol.

----

So been watching the 125 (my nightly after work de-stress session)
I noticed that since a added in the little Angels the one big angel is just staying over to one side. I have seen no signs that the little guys are picking one him. They do at each other a little bit but no real damage. I think it's funny in a way. He seems afraid and he is 4 times the size of any of them lol.

I hope so. I have a date tomorrow evening so hopefully I have all my bad luck out if the way before I get to that lol.

----

So been watching the 125 (my nightly after work de-stress session)
I noticed that since a added in the little Angels the one big angel is just staying over to one side. I have seen no signs that the little guys are picking one him. They do at each other a little bit but no real damage. I think it's funny in a way. He seems afraid and he is 4 times the size of any of them lol.
Haha! That's funny about the angels. They are so quirky. My wife has 6 pretty big ones in a 105g, they crack me up. And they love to fight. They are more aggressive to each other than any of the other about 20 species of cichlid we have. And good luck on your date!

That's a run of disappearing money and little satisfaction. Bummer.

Also, I am working 7 days a week just had one real day off this past month. Water changes are hard to do under these circumstances. Today I didn't get to do any water changes either. :(

Also, forgot to turn on the tanks lights in the living room before I left. Oopsy.

Got Glasgarten shrimp Fit yesterday. It is a very fine powder to coat things. It looks to be very heathy for them. Found another super nearly can't see it PRL fry, so I saw 4 so far! I think the other Glasgarten product for shrimp arrived, can't think which one it was, think its in the mail box.

Fed frozen Cyclops. Just swish in the water and the fish gobble them up. Also Mini Mysis for all the Loaches.

We got 2 Bolivan Rams today, still small. They are in one of the qt tanks. Eventually making their new home in the 46g bow front that will be our first planted tank. Also got a Paradise fish for the cube to replace the betta that didn't make it thru the winter storm

We got 2 Bolivan Rams today, still small. They are in one of the qt tanks. Eventually making their new home in the 46g bow front that will be our first planted tank. Also got a Paradise fish for the cube to replace the betta that didn't make it thru the winter storm
The 46 gallon sounds like it'll be an interesting tank. I've never done the Bolivian rams. I've done the German blue Rams and the gold rims before but not with a whole lot of success.

Paradise fish. That's one I have not seen since Walmart stopped carrying fish. I always thought they were beautiful but never had a setup for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 46 gallon sounds like it'll be an interesting tank. I've never done the Bavarian rams. I've done the German blue Rams and the gold rims before but not with a whole lot of success.

Paradise fish. That's one I have not seen since Walmart stopped carrying fish. I always thought they were beautiful but never had a setup for them.
Yeah, I haven't seen one before either. For a second at a distance I thought it was a kribensis. Hope the ram keeping isn't too hard. We have a 125g with discus, I haven't found them to be any harder than most fish, even tho you read lots of stuff about how hard they are to keep

Yeah, I haven't seen one before either. For a second at a distance I thought it was a kribensis. Hope the ram keeping isn't too hard. We have a 125g with discus, I haven't found them to be any harder than most fish, even tho you read lots of stuff about how hard they are to keep
I think my water is just too hard for them.

I hear the Bavarian Rams are much heartier than the Blue Rams also.

Back
Top Bottom