What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CB - Sorry to hear about the Betta.

Cyclops and the Rotifers are from the SW lfs.

My friend shut down her tank and she gave me a large number of them which bred from a couple pair, and I was able to rehome /share some breeders. There are maybe a dozen now.

They are shy at first, but get more friendly and come towards the front for food and curiosity if you might have some food. They are lower level tank and will eat off the substrate.

Very easy with general lower than 7.5pH. Also depending if wild, locally bred or where they were bred. My pH varies some but around 7.

Everything I hear is the Bolivian Rams are much easier to keep and tolerant of varying parameters.

Just fed the fish.

Updated the thread for the 80G more info last post here
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/autumskys-congos-lazy-river-80g-370444-2.html#post3559306

Basically removed almost all the stuff in the tank to get the Yoyo Loaches out for their new home tomorrow.

Also moved some female Guppy / Endlers to the Pearl Gourami 30G Waterbox. And the Red Tail Shark too.

Made a big mess and then cleaned it up.

Did 40G water change on the 80G Congo /Clown Loach river tank.

Getting ready to be gone for 2 or 2+ weeks away for family stuff.

Water changes and feeding. The black veil angelfish are getting a little beat up but no to bad. I'm watching them close.

Also got the sealant for the custom acrylic tanks!! Took forever!!!

But hopefully I can get this project done this week.

Updated the thread for the 80G more info last post here

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/autumskys-congos-lazy-river-80g-370444-2.html#post3559306

Basically removed almost all the stuff in the tank to get the Yoyo Loaches out for their new home tomorrow.

Also moved some female Guppy / Endlers to the Pearl Gourami 30G Waterbox. And the Red Tail Shark too.

Made a big mess and then cleaned it up.

Did 40G water change on the 80G Congo /Clown Loach river tank.

Getting ready to be gone for 2 or 2+ weeks away for family stuff.
Good luck with the family stuff!

Ok the pics are not the best.
But I've got one tank in place.
I've got to cut and place in the back brace behind the tank. And then start working on the bottom tank. With any luck I'll have something before the end of the week. 20210309_002449.jpg20210309_002338.jpg20210309_002350.jpg

I'm busy modifying my lighting.
The high lamp box should be lower (10cm). The two fluorescent tubes (each 32 watts) are replaced by LED modules.
(20 pieces 24 watts). It gets more bright.
In summer these can be connected to the photovoltaic network.
The modules are 6500 Kelvin. Very white. Maybe I have to add red and blue.
First I see how it grows.
Interesting task!

I'm busy modifying my lighting.
The high lamp box should be lower (10cm). The two fluorescent tubes (each 32 watts) are replaced by LED modules.
(20 pieces 24 watts). It gets more bright.
In summer these can be connected to the photovoltaic network.
The modules are 6500 Kelvin. Very white. Maybe I have to add red and blue.
First I see how it grows.
Interesting task!
Big difference between fluoro and led lighting, huh?

DSC-1180.jpg

Many years ago it was a good solution with the two fluorescent tubes above both aquariums.
And the tub lamp waterproof (for garage).
But now there is better technology. LED. Less electricity, brighter light. Little warmth. Longer shelf life.

Now I have to change it.

DSC-1180.jpg

Many years ago it was a good solution with the two fluorescent tubes above both aquariums.
But now there is better technology. LED. Less electricity, brighter light. Little warmth. Longer shelf life.

Now I have to change it.
I still have some of my t5 fluorescent tube lights. I can't bring myself get rid of them so they sit in a closet waiting for an emergency where they need to be used lol.

I really do like the LEDs but one thing I can say is that not all LED lights are created equal. I have some that I absolutely adore and some that I don't really like as much.

DSC-1180.jpg

Now I have to change it.
Haha! Yeah, I ran fluoro for many years too. Led is hands down better, imo. Pretty tanks btw

I had tried different LEDs. But now I found a module, very bright (100 lumens), very low current (0.1 A) and low temperature.
12 volts.
20 such modules are brighter than my two tubes.
But it's very white. 6500 Kelvin. But there are also some modules in the colors blue and red. Maybe I have to add.
If my work is ready, I post some pics

I had tried different LEDs. But now I found a module, very bright (100 lumens), very low current (0.1 A) and low temperature.
12 volts.
20 such modules are brighter than my two tubes.
But it's very white. 6500 Kelvin. But there are also some modules in the colors blue and red. Maybe I have to add.
If my work is ready, I post some pics
OK great! Looking forward to seeing the completed project

So far I've checked all connections that would represent a disaster if they came loose. ordered some plastic plants and gravel, to make up for almost 10-years of loosing a bit here and there. I've saved the worst for last, trying to connect two WiFi devices that are now offline for some reason.

So far I've checked all connections that would represent a disaster if they came loose. ordered some plastic plants and gravel, to make up for almost 10-years of loosing a bit here and there. I've saved the worst for last, trying to connect two WiFi devices that are now offline for some reason.
Haha! You always have heck getting those wifi things to work

A rare moment of internet connection! Been away since Saturday and after 3 days, got a pic of a dead Congo Tetra. I don't know what's happening.

That is scary and frustrating not knowing what the heck is going on. But not coming back very soon, so will just have to pretend it doesn't exist and get back and fix the problems. :/. Probably will be moving this next month... who knows! Will plan a whole day of water changing upon unknown return date. Ahhhhhh, the uncertainty of so many things!!!!!

A rare moment of internet connection! Been away since Saturday and after 3 days, got a pic of a dead Congo Tetra. I don't know what's happening.

That is scary and frustrating not knowing what the heck is going on. But not coming back very soon, so will just have to pretend it doesn't exist and get back and fix the problems. :/. Probably will be moving this next month... who knows! Will plan a whole day of water changing upon unknown return date. Ahhhhhh, the uncertainty of so many things!!!!!
Oh heck, sorry to hear that. Nerve wracking

Back
Top Bottom