What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not-pro said:
Yeah, exactly. I couldn't just give her 100$ worth of stuff, but at 75% off? My conscience is clean. She's my kid sister, I'll gladly do anything for her, but I can't just lose 100$. :\

(especially when I just spent 500$ or so on the replacement tank, gotta recoup somehow)

:cool:

Yeah I hear ya, maybe if I was independently wealthy I'd give tanks away lol.

I was worried about my otos starving in my 110 so I put them in my 29 for the day..... the 29 had plenty of diatoms as I frequently leave the light on and the tank is near a window. The 29 is almost completely diatom free after four hours.

Did my 50% pwc yesterday and checked my params today. Have had my ammonia reading at 0 the past two days after dosing it up to 4ppm both times, just waiting on my Nitrites to drop! The Nitrites and NitrAtes are still very high so hopefully soon I'll get my 0 Nitrites and add my first fish.

Just finished my back ground, left the rock side covered so it will stay darker for the BGK.

ForumRunner_20121212_221011.jpg

pruned the plants in the planted tank, plucked out all but one of my male endler guppies out of the guppy tank and put in the planted tank to give some life in there. one of them is real smart and wont let me catch him. He is living like a king as the only male in the tank with all those lovely ladies :D

cleaned up the corner fowlr tank, thinking of moving those occupants to the 75 and clean this one up and put in an octopus! :brows:

Checked the temp on my tanks makin sure the heaters ddnt need to b replaced or turned up.. fed my africans n wrapped up n a blanket watchin them eat before i got motivated to get up n dress for work .. Need to grab a new heater for the 10g n 1 for the 5.5gal too bc i know my sister hasnt yet

Nothing, I am waiting for my tank to cycle. It's killing me not having fish in there! LOL

50% clean on my bettas tank. And 50% clean on my elephant nose tank also added a new cave for him & he's loving it :)

Fish In Cycling

Nothing, I am waiting for my tank to cycle. It's killing me not having fish in there! LOL

Hello baron...

Have to make a pitch for "Fish In" cycling of an aquarium. I had to have some activity in my new tank. Couldn't wait the two months for the cycling process without the benefit of fish. I got a good sized tank in the beginning, 30 gallons. Was told the more water, the better in case I messed up on something.

Started with 8 feeder Guppies and tested the water every day for toxins and changed out at least a quarter of the tank when a test showed traces of ammonia or nitrite.

The experts were right. By carefully checking the water daily and adding fish when several tests showed "0" for any toxins, my fish made it through my "learning curve".

I added some plants and some more fish. I have five large tanks now and the 8 feeders have reproduced about 1,500 Fancy Guppies.

The "Fish-In" cycling works. But only if you do your job.

Just a couple of thoughts.

B

Replaced my gravel with sand. Now all I see is poop!! Would moving my large common pleco help with this?

Replaced my gravel with sand. Now all I see is poop!! Would moving my large common pleco help with this?

A power head helps with this. It's current helps lift it for the filters to pick up. Also, I use an Eheim battery powered vacuum to spot clean.

Tore down my skimmer to clean out all the sludge that built up inside ,
WoW it sure stank now that it's clean it works better than new

in just a hour after reassembling it , It seems to be working better than when it was new go figure

Fed my bunch repashy for the first time tonight.. lets just say all are happy.. i fed a piece alil too big to my female betta n she refused to let me get it back .. the otos actually came out of hidin to eat it ..then my africans were tryin to eat 2 r 3 pieces at once.. my compressicep was actually aggressive n not as laid back .. all in all they like it plan on orderin some more on payday.. ;)

After having my new filter for over a month, I finally fine tuned it to my liking. Both my Bolivian rams are at the front of the tank begging for food like dogs. I'm on a new feeding routine, so I have to have some self control during no food days:D

Back
Top Bottom