What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jmay33 said:
Thanks for the advice guys!! I will be out of town for about 3 weeks. I have the feeder set to feed very small amounts(not anywhere near how much I usually feed) once a day. I have shrimp, cories, and snails that are a good cleaning crew. So hopefully that will be okay?

I just know that automatic feeders have been known to dump their whole amount at one time

Did 60-70% water change for my puffer and crayfish tank.

Received 10lbs of earthworm and vegetable sticks from Kensfish.com. Its literally going to last me a few years..

Waiting for next month to buy LED lights for my future mixed reef.

Tank is almost cycled! Woohoo!

Mixing a large batch of water, getting ready for the big end of cycle water change.

Tested ammonia levels as I wait for my fishless cycle to complete. Also did some hardcore cleaning on some river rocks we're going to be adding for a hardscape, they're currently soaking now :)

Done 50% clean on my elephant nose tank, 50% clean on my bettas tank, thinking off adding kuhlis hope he plays nice with them :)

Cleaned rocks, vacuumed sand, 25% pwc, rearranged some stuff but still keeping same layout. Must have either hurt/stressed out my baby clown pleco during the rock moving. I found it dead a little while ago. Haven't lost one lately so it is very sad.

Everything else is doing great. Plants going crazy, eel becoming huge, knife "Sylphs" putting on their show, pictus cat spazzing around.

I took off the lt blue paint and still need to remove some from the tubes. Want to paint it black in back.

Next acquisition: new lights. The knife fish like it dim on one side, and I am wringing the last bit of use from the light that was on the 29 I took down about a month ago.

Attachments

• image-4213758317.jpg
    image-4213758317.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 82
  • image-1769535624.jpg
    image-1769535624.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3849816374.jpg
    image-3849816374.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 81
im thinking when i get home from work of adding a pc fan to my led light bar to reduce the heat then take down 2 tanks so my landlord dosnt kick us out

Considering changing my 10g from gravel to sand just hate ro have to tear down the whole tank to do it.. but n the long run i could keep it cleaner n my fishes would prolly like it better .. decisions decisions

kjacks said:
Considering changing my 10g from gravel to sand just hate ro have to tear down the whole tank to do it.. but n the long run i could keep it cleaner n my fishes would prolly like it better .. decisions decisions

Worth the effort. I did the same in my 125 and my 72 and I don't regret the decision. IMO sand looks better and it's easier to clean

Worth the effort. I did the same in my 125 and my 72 and I don't regret the decision. IMO sand looks better and it's easier to clean

I already have sand in my 55g im sure it would b better n ur right it looks way better .. i just keep thing i just changed gravel 3mths ago mayb less .. i shoulda changed to sand then...

kjacks said:
I already have sand in my 55g im sure it would b better n ur right it looks way better .. i just keep thing i just changed gravel 3mths ago mayb less .. i shoulda changed to sand then...

Yea it is a pain. Shouldn't be bad with a 10 though. My timing to do my 125 couldn't have been worse. About a week after I changed it one of the corner seams had a complete blow out. So I get a call at work from the wife telling me my tank is flooding the house. So had to completely empty it again to take the tank apart and reseal it.

This happened last night. My new Bolivian ram is learning to eat flakes. Added it last Saturday and the resident black skirt tetras have taken it under their wing, they are inseparable. The ram will rise almost to the surface and catch all the falling flakes. The surface is a bit wild with the Rasboras and black skirts. But I bet it's only a matter of time before it will be joining the fray at the surface. As for my other Bolivian ram, no interest in flakes what so ever.

Got up this morning too find my albino corie trapped in my vegi clip, it had closed shut when the food broke off. His gills were all torn up & he couldn't swim had to euthanize him. I'm devastated feel it's my fault had this wee guy since he was a baby. Won't be using them again :-(

I am so sorry for your loss, that is horrible and I would have never thought that could happen. Thank you for sharing so we don't use them.

Added my africans today to my tank.. i have been cleanin it so it was all nice n clean well we leave n then come back a few hours later from town n they have sand on everything n have moved the sand mostly to the front of the tank on 1 corner .. but they like their new home. Got a few fish hiding..

ForumRunner_20121208_001517.jpg

Please forgive the bad quality photos n the dirty tank ..gonna have to clean it prolly sunday..

ForumRunner_20121208_001527.jpg

ForumRunner_20121208_001558.jpg

Did a pwc on my 72 added 2 crypts and 2 green Wendti and 3 more bolivian rams, making 5 total. Oh and a jungle Val. The LFS by me is closing tomorrow so I got everything for like 10 bucks.

Attachments

• image-3345794170.jpg
    image-3345794170.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 62
  • image-3670665966.jpg
    image-3670665966.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 72
  • image-766270158.jpg
    image-766270158.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom