what does everyone do for work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I work as a camera-assistent at our national (Belgian) television. It's a pretty fun job, on my first day they put me on a show with the prime minister and lot's of important politicians. Thought I would be intimitaded but I hardly payed any attention to them :)
Now I work mostly on a popular soap (Every night we get a million viewers, which is not bad for a 10 million people country, of which 4,5 million don't even speak flemish, so they're no potential viewers :) ) But it's boring the ....... out of me. Kids, get an education (said the 20 year old)! I will be getting one next year after I made some money to pay for it :)

It's funny how so many people don't like Organic Chem when I have heard SO many others say that Gen Chem is much harder. This was the case for me too. General Chem was not as easy for me as the organic was. I think a lot can be attributed to the teachers though.

bs6749 said:
It's funny how so many people don't like Organic Chem when I have heard SO many others say that Gen Chem is much harder. This was the case for me too. General Chem was not as easy for me as the organic was. I think a lot can be attributed to the teachers though.

I had to take 2 semesters for my degree. Was not a fan. Thought gen chem was cake compared to those. Now Physical Chemistry....that put both of those to shame...That was like a root canal.

ill be taking chem next year for high school. i was gonna take it this year but with me only getting 4 high school classes and then one at the local college i couldnt fit it in my schedule. everyone tells me its really hard.

For me..Gen Chem was gravy compared to Organic chem. I had trouble with all of them so that isn't saying much coming from me. The one thing I dislike the most about being a Biology major is having to take 5 semesters of Chemistry.

bs, I might be enlisting you for organic chem help here soon huh? :)

Cool jobs everyone!

Devilishturtles said:
For me..Gen Chem was gravy compared to Organic chem. I had trouble with all of them so that isn't saying much coming from me. The one thing I dislike the most about being a Biology major is having to take 5 semesters of Chemistry.

Cool jobs everyone!

I'm here if you need it LOL. Just shoot a PM and I will try to "teach". We'll see how THAT works LOL.

Im an Entertainment Manager at Disneyland. I hire all the girls that portray the Disney Princesses. Im also in charge of all Entertainment that we have through out the park, fuzzy characters to live bands. Im also involved with all special event filmings/photo shoots, and I am Johnny Depps personal contact when he visits the Park (he comes often with his kids, was there last Thursday).

Devilishturtles said:

Cool jobs everyone!

Saaaaaaaaaaaaame here. I had to retake the 2nd half of O-chem over the summer (4 weeks straight of O-chem- oh the horror!). It had to be my least favorite class. Another thing that stinks about being a Bio major is all other nonbio classes needed for the major (i.e., physics, calculus and chemistry courses).

Im in awe at some of y'alls jobs! A cellular and molecular biologist! How amazing!

well im glad to see we have alot of very SMART people here. well im not. im a locomotive enginer for CSX railroad. i love what i do, it was a childhood dream for me. i gave up semi pro baseball to do it. been on the railroad 10 years. hired out when i was 19. figured i would share some pics with you all.
img_746572_0_e8348f3ab55d30bc3958736c9448a8ee.jpg

img_746572_1_3a377879adaaa4f66450d151d78d64c8.jpg

img_746572_2_4b6b1a84b01f4ad0afd433e5651ceae3.jpg

That's a pretty sweet gig! It's great to see a person live out their dreams!

That is cool what is the little choo choo attached to the train for ?

Love the train pics!!!

I actually made an 'A' in Gen. Chem. and NEVER passed O. Chem. I just could not wrap my mind around all the nomenclature and othe aspect of O.Chem. I concur that, as a Med Tech major (changed from Pharmacy), it SUCKED having to take Economics, Physics (hated it), Applied Calc., and all the other classes that made me hate school. I wish that college could be a little more major specific earlier on in the Fresh & Soph years.....I know they want you to be "well rounded" and blah, blah, blah, but when is a Lab Tech going to need Physics or Applied Calculus anyway????

Most most favorite class was Microbiology and Immunology. Now, that's what I'm talking about. I liked Genetics too. Never did get to take Anat./Physiology (quit before I took it), but I was looking very forward to it. Man, I NEED to go back!!!!!!!

Full time engineering student and full time Salesman....and still find time to pertake in this hobby.

crazyred said:
blah, blah, blah, but when is a Lab Tech going to need Physics or Applied Calculus anyway????

For all the calculus we encounter in our everyday lives. :lol:

I have to take calc next semester and I'm scared!

Oh yeah, LOL I forgot about those daily calc problems that keep popping up. hehehe

I took Applied Calc. which was SUPPOSED to be 'easier' that Calc. I, but it was all word problems and you had to use calc. to solve them. 8O 8O 8O NOT....I got a "D" in that course, but it's passing, I guess.

Godd luck next semester!!!

Back
Top Bottom