Which do you prefer? (SW, FW, B)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you keep/prefer?

• Freshwater

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Brackish

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mandy2936

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just a little poll to see whether the majority of people prefer and keep Saltwater or Freshwater tanks (Or Brackish).

Please vote in the poll and then if you wish leave your comments below about why you chose your answer.

For me, I prefer Freshwater. I've only ever kept Freshwater. I know next to nothing at all about Saltwater, not to mention it's way too expensive and challenging for me even to attempt. SW fish are super awesome to look at, but just not for me.

So, tell me about you!

Thanks for your time :)

P.S. If you keep more than one type of tank, you have the option to select more than one.

I prefer saltwater because of all the extras that come with. I can look at nite and see many many critters I did not buy. Not to say I dont like fw.

Amanda,...I think all the reasons you just stated about saltwater is what is drawing me back to it after 20 years,....I've had some awesome freshwater tanks in the past also,....but there's nothing like seeing a beautiful saltwater setup knowing what it takes to get there.

the fish in SW seem to have a stronger set of colors to find, from clowns and damsels, gobies and blennies. then even my favorite a mandarin.

added corals are a big part of whats keeping me going on my small biocube until i can upgrade years later where i can get all the fish i've wanted.

and it seems to me that there just seems to be a bigger selection of SW over FW, just in general, it's probably just me though.

all in all i've just loved every minute of my SW tank, it's so much fun to watch and learn throughout the process

All. Each has there specific appeals for me.

I'd love to try saltwater, but the costs keep me on the freshwater side. Guess that's what happens when you're about as far from the ocean as possible geographically.

Thanks for your feedback everyone. I agree with basically everyone so far. Both have their pros and cons. Thank you for participating :)

+1 I have to say all of them as well. They each have their own pros and cons, that's what makes them unique :)

--Adeeb

Back
Top Bottom