Why are aquariums so addicting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I too caught the fishie fever with a small 10gl tank abt 2 yrs ago. My mom had several when i was a kid and bred angels and discus. But being a kid I never understood or cared. That 10gl led to a 20gl, so the 10 could house fry. And every aspect of fishkeeping infected me from there. I needed more. Bought a house that had an extra room, and my fiancee looked at me and said, totally to my surprise, you can have it as a mancave cause i know you want a tank room. Since then i went from 2 to 18 tanks in the last 7 months. Every aspect to me is amazing. The science, the aquascaping, the sounds of bubbles and running water, the plants, the breeding, and the plain ol fish watching. It is indeed addictive. Does this make us fish hoarders? Lol.

PoppaRyno said:
I too caught the fishie fever with a small 10gl tank abt 2 yrs ago. My mom had several when i was a kid and bred angels and discus. But being a kid I never understood or cared. That 10gl led to a 20gl, so the 10 could house fry. And every aspect of fishkeeping infected me from there. I needed more. Bought a house that had an extra room, and my fiancee looked at me and said, totally to my surprise, you can have it as a mancave cause i know you want a tank room. Since then i went from 2 to 18 tanks in the last 7 months. Every aspect to me is amazing. The science, the aquascaping, the sounds of bubbles and running water, the plants, the breeding, and the plain ol fish watching. It is indeed addictive. Does this make us fish hoarders? Lol.

oh my goodness! that is so awesome! !! I am so jealous! I hope to do that one day

and yes it does make us fish hoarders

For me...it's entrancing to watch the beautiful fish calmly swimming around the aquascape I created for them. They are the only thing in my life that is calming...they slow me down. Actually, I moved out of the bed and took my 5 month old son with me...and now we sleep on the couch next to the fishtank. The two of us watch my babies(fish of course!) till we fall asleep...then dream about them all night. Nuts isn't it!

Back
Top Bottom