2 Week Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dumbo the Fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey! My friend is going on a 2 week long vacation and I unfortunately can’t watch the fish. It’s a betta and it’s in a 3-6 gallon tank I believe. Would it be fine to just leave the fish for two weeks? It’s pretty much impossible for her to find somebody to watch it because she’s new to town! Thank you!

Lol! It's just a little tank have her bring it over. And you can fishset for her. A "friend" needs help. You can not leave any fish for 2wk without food.

I would see if she can get someone to feed it maybe once or twice. Betta’s are fine with periods of fasting but 2 weeks might be a bit long

I’ve left my fish for two weeks before several times without anyone feeding them and all were always fine when I got back. BUT only in a long established and very understocked 30g tank. I think there must have been enough little critters in the tank for them to munch on. I doubt a betta in a small tank would have much in terms of planarian or detritus worms or whatever to tide him over for that long.

There are battery powered fish feeders on the market. They’re not super reliable but probably better then nothing. I wouldn’t recommend them unless you can set it up a ways in advance and monitor to make sure only tiny amounts of food are being added at a time. A feeder malfunction could easily crash a tank that small.

Really for such a small tank if she can’t have someone come look in on it for her it makes the most sense for her to simply take it to someone who can watch it.

Back
Top Bottom