29 gallon planted new build from 10g!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am very excited over this project that I had already finished. I just wanted to share.

First, I had a 10 gallon tank that was fine, I had a few plants in it and they were doing well. I gave my 29 gallon to my brother for a while that had to upgrade from his 5 gallon to the 29 for his gold fish. I had moved on to a 120 gallon and didn't need my 29 at that point in time. I was also doing Saltwater in my 29 before I moved it to a 120. I did get rid of my saltwater, becoming to much of a hassle and expensive. I couldn't keep up with the cost.

So now he has given his gold fish to a guy with a big pound, and I got my 29 gallon back. So I decided to upgrade my 10 gallon to the 29. I had all the equipment (Expect the light) so why not?

So I moved my 10 gallon all over to the 29. I had a Fluval aquaclear 30 that I moved over, and because I have 3 of them, I put the marineland Emperor 400 pro filter. So filtration is not a problem. :lol: With the extra baskets in the 400 filter I am putting ceramic rings that I had with my Salt Water tank. I bleached them and rinsed them of course, their still sitting in a bucket of fresh water right now with decelerator.

As of right now I only have a Marineland single bright light on my tank. I ordered this light: EVO Quad 30" Timer 6500K LED Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant Tetra Discus 36x 3W | eBay

I got 7 plants and 4 moss balls in my tank. All of which are low level lighting plants and not really the hard ones to care for. I am getting a background today for my tank to hid the filter backs and wires. My album has the new uploaded pictures of my tank.

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - baron1282's Album: Off

The only fish I have in it are.

1. Sunburst Gourami
1. Dwarf Gourami
1. Glowlight Danio (He is a jerk and killed his other glowlight buddies).
2. Otocinclus's
1. Julii Cory Cat (I am going to get 2 more, I know they like to school).

All of my fish were from my 10 gallon, which I knew I needed to get them in a bigger tank. I moved the old filter over with the bio-rings already seeded, plus I put "PRIME" Bactria boost in. It's my third day and no fish loss, so I am happy. I am going to wait a few weeks and I will had a few more fish, not much more. Just a few more Julii Cats, and a school of Neon Tetra's. I am thinking Black Neon Tetra's!:popcorn:

Hey guys just wondering. I have 1 Julii Cory catfish and I want to get him some more because he is lonely. He had one other friend but he died. I was wondering, would 2 be enough or do I need to get 5 more for a school of 6? I want just three if that's healthy for him, but 6 is fine if that's what is really needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just don't want to overload my tank. As of right now I got.

1. Sunburst Gourami
1. Dwarf Gourami
1. Glowlight Danio
2. Otocinclus's
1. Julii Cory Cat.
2. Florida Flag Fish.
9. Neon Tetra's
3. Black Neon Tetra's.
1. Clown Pleco
1. High Fin Pleco (He will be moved out to my 120 when he gets bigger).

My filtration is the Fluval 30 gallon HOB and the Marinland Emperor 400. So I got at least 120 gallons of filtration on the 29 gallon. :p

Back
Top Bottom