40B planted tank lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jobin13

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all

I recent got a 40 gallon breeder off craigslist that I want to turn into a planted tank. It came with a Current USA Satellite LED light I believe its the 4001 model. According to the website, this is a 12 volt dc @ 10 watts.

I'd like to do a low tech tank. but I'm thinking this light won't be powerful enough to grow plants. Am I right?

Does anyone have a cheap solution if this won't cut it? Trying to stay frugal with this tank setup so I can focus on fish and plants!

Your light should be fine for "low tech" just go with Java fern and anubias etc and u should be fine [emoji106]

Your light should be fine for "low tech" just go with Java fern and anubias etc and u should be fine [emoji106]

I was hoping to do some Bacopa, Vallisnera, Sagittaria, anubias and java fern and moss if I can find it. I'm having trouble locating it in central Massachusetts. They are all technically low light plants. I was just hoping it would all work

I was hoping to do some Bacopa, Vallisnera, Sagittaria, anubias and java fern and moss if I can find it. I'm having trouble locating it in central Massachusetts. They are all technically low light plants. I was just hoping it would all work

I believe Bacopa caroliniana generally does well in low tech setups, so it should be a nice plant for you. You should have no issues with the rest. Han Aquatics (http://www.hanaquatics.com/plants/) is a good place to buy plants that are already submersed. On occasion, you can find plants here in the classified section.

Back
Top Bottom