55 gallon long livebearer stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaraB

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'll have my new 55 gallon long tank on Tuesday. I currently 2 shrimp, 3 female mollies and 3 fry too young to tell the gender. I'll be selling any fry that end up being male to prevent breeding.

What else could I keep in there?
From what I've read the answer is pretty much anything but I want to hear from people who have mollies.

I'm probably going to avoid bottom dwelling fish. I had my one molly with some corydoras and she just beat them up and stole their food. I gave them to the lfs.
I've also not had any algae in my tank since getting the mollies and they scavenge like goldfish.
I'll look into danios/tetras but I might just do a livebearer sorority with female platys and maybe some female guppies.

I'd stay with just the Platys unless you can find some nice looking female gups as they are usually only have just a bit of tail colour. I'm sure your alreafy aware that Gups Platy & Mollie femalea can store semen so you *may* end up with babys wvwn qith no malea in your tank. On the upside they are considered a delicious snack by the adults

I'm not worried about fry. I figure my gluttonous mollies will eat them. Out of my 3 female mollies I only have 3 surviving fry. I'll keep them if they end up being female but will sell them if they aren't.
I don't care about a fishes fancy colours. I used to keep female bettas because they were always less flashy and less likely to be bought.

Back
Top Bottom