Advice on 'Infill' plant please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elliott_001

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone!
I have a plant in my tank which is not doing too well, it's obvious it needs more light! Im after a plant to take it's place. The plant needs to be tall (background plant), and needs to be suitable for 1wpg. I do use DIY Co2.
The pic below shows where it is going (points to the plant that is being replaced).
Any suggestions would be appriciated. TIA

img_646630_0_3365a951f2154ebe65c4377e3c2b8fda.jpg

At 1 wpg your choices are a bit limited but there are still quite a few options. Wisteria (Hygrophila difformis) will do just fine and is about as easy to keep as anything out there. It gets nice and bushy and is readily available. There are some Crypts (C. spiralis, C. retrospiralis) that make good low-light background plants too. I'm sure others will have their favorites to recommend as well. Good luck :)

Thanks travis. Yes i realise i'm limited, i have had a few plants that dont really do well in my tank, so got rid of them. All the plants in there now (except this one im removing) do really well! I have a nice balance in there, just need a nice plant to fill the gap, perhaps offer a bit of contrast (colour of leaf shape etc).
Water wisteria looks nice, interesting leaf shape, thanks for the suggestion!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom