Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BASH2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Total newbie needs all the advise I can get. Using Excell for carbon, Flourish, and fert tabs, as well as Flourish iron. I do see some fairly significant new growth, but how do I control this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 48
LOL.. hey did you know your pictures are upside down..

There is a a triangle of balance. Light, CO2 availability, and Nutrients.

If any one of those is out of whack then algae is the results.

We need more info. What type of light are you using,

I'm aving a hard time seeing what the brown spots are.. It might be to much light intensity. But more info would help in that regards

Can you adjust the height of your light.. This is a nice advantage to have

I have a Fuval 48" LED light bar and a Kessil Tuna Sun. My substrate is Eco complete. I know that's a lot of light but I also am using a lot of Carbon and fertilizers. One Kessil only covers half the 48" 60gal tank. I have read about using H2O2 for spot treatment of algae. I'm also considering doubling my Excel dosage. If I can't get control pretty soon I'm going to remove some of the slow growing plants and cutting infected leaves from the faster growing plants. Trial and error I know but that's all I can do. I'm sure I will end up with a CO2 system, but I'm still researching brands.

Back
Top Bottom