Algae identification and advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its only for topping up lol. Should last a while once bought.
Okay so I'm assuming you only top Up about 2-3 gallons at a time, right now I'm down about 5 gallons, do I remineralize it or add anything like ferts to it or just plain RO.

So here's my worry the most, currently
KH 4
Gh 10
PH 7.4
Other parameters I don't think matter

My worry is dipping my pH down to far, kh to far and gh to far while if my kh bottoms my pH dips out right?

So here's my worry the most, currently
KH 4
Gh 10
PH 7.4
Other parameters I don't think matter

My worry is dipping my pH down to far, kh to far and gh to far while if my kh bottoms my pH dips out right?

What type of rainbows do you have?

I asked a friend in the know about fish.

‘sentani is endangered in nature because of introduced species.
But this and all the others aren’t difficult to find in the trade, because they’re so easy to breed. Hope they have a big tank, apart from parva they’ll all grow to 12cm.

I’d make sure it’s very well oxygenated, as these are very lively fish and will not tolerate low levels. They’re also very greedy, so will eat just about as much as you throw in.

So feed moderately, lots of o2 and monitor nitrate etc. I think they’ll need lots of fast growth for export. Hornwort is good for rainbow tanks because it likes the water parameters.

If these fish do prefer harder water I’d mix Your top ups with a bit of tap too.

If it makes you feel any better I think Walstad kept some if her best tanks with rainbows.

Back
Top Bottom