Anubias problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beglely

Aquarium Advice Freak
I brought this up in the thread about my 55 gallon tank but I wanted to run this by a few people first. My anubias frazeri hasnt been doing so hot lately. One of its leaves started to yellow not too long ago. Now im at the point where that leaf is almost completely dead (the leave went brown and then transparent. Im trimming it off tomorrow) and now another leaf is following a similar progression. I mentioned in the other thread that I thought it might be an iron or potassium deficiency, but the lack of symptoms in other plants is making me doubt that as the problem, as usually problems will show first in faster-growing plants I read. To avoid the obvious, the rhizome is not buried--I have it anchored to my driftwood. Thoughts?

untie it and let it float a week or two. anubias are grown emersed and often there is a transition period. check the rhizome for any soft spots and remove the soft spots.

had the same issue as you. new anubias barteri died after a few days. same pattern as you. lost every leave but the rhizome was still firm so i left it planted and after 2 months is starting to grow back

Back
Top Bottom