Bare looking 29 gallon Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaShark

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive had this aquarium set up for a few days. It was a upgrade from a 10 gallon so I used all the sand and plants, and established filter media, so its cycled. It currently has 4 cory catfish in there and Im not sure what else to put in. But I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on making it not look so bare/empty. The lighting is kinda bad. There are plants in the front of it. It currently has a banana plant, dwarf hairgrass, java moss, java fern, 3 anubias (2 are floating. Not sure where to put them), and 2 of what I think are amazon swords? The lfs didnt say. And I was wondering if and one could ID the plant in the last picture. Any help would be appreciated :). Thank you

Attachments

• image-3259921256.jpg
    image-3259921256.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image-3514275188.jpg
    image-3514275188.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1334651195.jpg
    image-1334651195.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 67
I forgot to mention its mts capped with pfs and No co2. The light is a all-glass 20 watt fluorescent strip.

Part of the problem is the tank is new and the plants aren't in the least bit grown in and filled out. You could stand to add some plants like Ambulia for a different textures stem plant and a Red Tiger Lotus for color and another different leaf shape. The plants kind of looks like dwarf sag.

Looks good.

+1 for Dwarf Sag. in the third pic.

Attach the Anubias to the driftwood.

Large/tall plants in back. Use them to hide the filter intake, heater, etc.
Medium sized plants in the middle and small plants up front.

Give it some time. Give the Swords and Dwarf Sag some root tabs. In no time it will fill in. -"nothing good happens fast in this hobby".

Thanks to both of you for helping me ID the plant. The store just said "long grass" and I took my chances. Ill wait and just let things grow out for now unless I find a plant I like. And thanks again for all your help

Back
Top Bottom