Best diy diffuser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grand1011

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right now, I am running a DIY yeast for co2 and I am using a fine pored air stone to diffuse the gas... Not good enough. I need some ideas for a good but cheap co2 diffuser. I have looked online for the elite filter for 2.5 gallons which can be converted into a diffuser but I can't find it so I need to try something else. I don't have a canister filter but will be getting one whenever my uncle has the time to lend me his spare, may be a few months till then. Any ideas?

Im going to follow along i also have a 2.5, and looking for a good diffuser.

I'm making a DIY inline CO2 reactor right now. Pretty easy and cheap, especially if you already have pvc & pvc cement laying around. Without a canister filter you can use a dedicated pump to move water through the reactor. Done right you get 100% diffusion.

Thanks. I'll probably get the elite for now and do an inline reactor once I get the canister filter.

I'm making a DIY inline CO2 reactor right now. Pretty easy and cheap, especially if you already have pvc & pvc cement laying around. Without a canister filter you can use a dedicated pump to move water through the reactor. Done right you get 100% diffusion.

+1

Phin, if you are using some type of media inside (I used small bio-balls) don't forget some type of screen on the outlet end so it doesn't slip down and block the outlet. I used a 2" PVC shower drain screen I found at Lowes. With a little sanding it fits right inside a 2" PVC pipe and does not interfere with a slip elbow over it.

Attachments

• image-4184707781.jpg
    image-4184707781.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 66
+1

Phin, if you are using some type of media inside (I used small bio-balls) don't forget some type of screen on the outlet end so it doesn't slip down and block the outlet. I used a 2" PVC shower drain screen I found at Lowes. With a little sanding it fits right inside a 2" PVC pipe and does not interfere with a slip elbow over it.

I have a bunch of marineland bio-balls on hand. I'm going to put those in there. Thanks for the screen tip, I hadn't thought of that problem. I'm using 1.5" PVC, cut to 14". My canister is a Fluval 206, I figured the 1.5" PVC will be sufficient.

I have a bunch of marineland bio-balls on hand. I'm going to put those in there. Thanks for the screen tip, I hadn't thought of that problem. I'm using 1.5" PVC, cut to 14". My canister is a Fluval 206, I figured the 1.5" PVC will be sufficient.

I don't recall seeing one at 1.5" but I'm sure you will find something you can use. If all else fails cut a bigger one to fit on the end of the 1.5" pipe using a small dab of glue. Then slip the elbow over it and it won't go anywhere.

2" was the smallest snap on pvc drain they had. I passed. I'm going to make my own with a heat gun, old pvc pipe and drill.

Back
Top Bottom