Blue Chair Special

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travis simonson

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just had to share this picture. I recently re-scaped my 125G tank and had to get rid of one of my favorite plants because it no longer fit in the tank. When a plant gets too big for a 6' long tank you know you may have scale issues :lol: The plant is roughly two feet in diameter and over a foot tall. It's attached to a very large piece of lace rock that you can hardly see :p

M_pteropus_Narrow_270706_x800.jpg

Wow! That is one giant of a plant! That will cause a major change in your tank. Looking forward to see what you use to you fill the space.

And here I was giggling about you using a Blue Chair Special thread to follow up after you Blue Plate Special thread. Then I open it to see that monster. Are you sure you aren't feeding your plants a magic elixir? I can't even imagine how much a Java Fern of that size would retail for.

So are you removing it completely or just going to do some heavy pruning so that it "fits" in the tank again?

It was donated to a local fish store with a 300G ARLC tank. Even the big brutes in that tank will be hard pressed to hurt it :wink:

I wish I had a magic elixir. With Java ferns it's not too hard though: just put them in a corner and ignore them for a year or two. It's amazing what they'll do :p

Back
Top Bottom