BML is gone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coyne

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm sure I'm just super late in finding this out, but BuildMyLED is no longer making aquarium lighting.
I went to their website to purchase a dimmer control for my BML light (that I had been putting off/ forgetting about) only to find out they are gone.
Is anybody aware of a dimmer control that is compatible with a BML light?

I'm sure I'm just super late in finding this out, but BuildMyLED is no longer making aquarium lighting.
I went to their website to purchase a dimmer control for my BML light (that I had been putting off/ forgetting about) only to find out they are gone.
Is anybody aware of a dimmer control that is compatible with a BML light?

Makemyled is an Australian company that can make adapters for any led fixture. I'd say it's along the same lines as build my led.

I'm sure he would be able to make one up for you if needed, however your probably in America so there would be a rather decent wait for the parts.

The website only works on a computer aswell and won't work on phones. Hope this helps [emoji106]

At this point, all information is good information.
Believe it or not, a rep from Fluence (formerly BML) actually called me back (called, not emailed) after I sent a Hail Mary email to the new company's help desk. He verified the model of light that I had and said he would get back to me after he consults with their engineers about what kind of dimmer switch I should look for. I wasn't hopeful that they'd still have one to sell, but now I'll feel more confident about what I'm looking for. Not too shabby considering that they stopped making/supporting this line of products and changed to a completely different company over 18 months ago!
If I ever get into horticulture I know where I'll get my lighting.

I guess a few things changed while you were away. Pretty cool that you were contacted directly by someone at the new company.
My understanding is that they got out of the hobbyist trade and went the commercial horticulture route. I could not afford them when they were in business though.

Maybe post a wtb thread on tpt? They gave fair warning over there. It was a mad dash to get all the leds for some. Unfortunately there is not much that compares on the market these days. Reef lighting maybe but not fw planted. I'm sure someone has one lying around..

Back
Top Bottom