Can i add more fish. What kind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Simon_DG

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just setted up my new 66 gallon planted tank
Now the tank has :
13 neon tetras
2 cardinal tetras
1 semi adult angelfish
3 baby angelfish
1 female bristelnose pleco
12 cherry chrimp
1 m and 1 f golden gourami
1 m and 1 f 3 spot gourami ( peacufull couple )

Any thoughts on what else i could add or is it this enough fish?

Sorry for my bad english..IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1153.jpgView attachment 1View attachment 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the community.

Are you familiar with the nitrification cycle? Is your tank cycled yet?

The 2 pairs of Gourami might cause problems and fight after they mature to adulthood.

Welcome to the community.

Are you familiar with the nitrification cycle? Is your tank cycled yet?

The 2 pairs of Gourami might cause problems and fight after they mature to adulthood.

Yes tank is cycled. I had the 2 pair gourami for a year now never fighted or anything?

That is great news about the Gouramis getting along well.

They are pretty fish.

A really showy and engaging fish is the Microdevario Kubotai aka Neon Green (or yellow) Rasbora.

They have a slight purple highlight in their back. Very active and really liven up a tank. They are usually swimming in the top 1/3rd of the tank. They are small and a group of 12 or so would brighten up the top area of the tank.

Last edited:
What filtration are you running? I would wait to add anything until the angelfish are fully grown. Trouble is likely to ensue.

Last edited by a moderator:
True, the Angel pairing and sparing can drive one crazy.

One time I have had one excellent tank situation - 4 fish made 2 pair and they left each other alone, but after one died, the mix up caused nothing but chaos. Never could the tank have peace again with them in there.

Tried out a number of new mates but it never worked. Actually keeping just one pair also did not work as they would aggressively defend the whole middle and top of the tank. Neons and Glowlights were always hiding in the in the bottom 6 inches in the grassy dwarf Vals and Crypts to stay away from the terrorizing.

True, the Angel pairing and sparing can drive one crazy.

One time I have had one excellent tank situation - 4 fish made 2 pair and they left each other alone, but after one died, the mix up caused nothing but chaos. Never could the tank have peace again with them in there.

Tried out a number of new mates but it never worked. Actually keeping just one pair also did not work as they would aggressively defend the whole middle and top of the tank. Neons and Glowlights were always hiding in the in the bottom 6 inches in the grassy dwarf Vals and Crypts to stay away from the terrorizing.

Yep. I think I'm learning that the hard way with angels and rummynose. I've put around 20 into the tank over the last month and only 5 are left alive. I never see them do it but I think the angels are bullying them. Also like you said the rummy's swim away from the angels as if they see them as a threat.

Yep. I think I'm learning that the hard way with angels and rummynose. I've put around 20 into the tank over the last month and only 5 are left alive. I never see them do it but I think the angels are bullying them. Also like you said the rummy's swim away from the angels as if they see them as a threat.

tetras are flaky fish all around, you can get good batches and bad ones. My angels never really bothered any tetras (when I had angels) but tetras are pretty much prey fish and avoid anything bigger anyway. Just my experiance. I WILL say eventually those angels and guoramis are going to start fighting.

You may have some tetras just bullying each others. My neons will do it for no reason, just start killing their own off. Prob a mating thing or male alpha stuff, I dunno.
Not sure 100% on rummynose but most other ones just sort of die.... to die it seems lol. I know neons get plenty of diseases and such that will wipe them out.

Back
Top Bottom