Cloudy Flourish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majolo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just started a new bottle of Flourish comprehensive, which I use for dosing iron/traces. This new bottle seems very different from the first one I had. The liquid is much more transparent and yellowish (vs. dark brown for the first bottle) and it seems to be clouding the water significantly for like a half hour after dosing. I've tried shaking the bottle well, with no difference. Anyone ever run across this? Should I throw out the bottle?

Yeah, I actually have dry ferts, but I had bought a couple bottles of Flourish before I heard about Greg Watson, and I saw no reason to let them go to waste. In the case of this particular bottle, of course, now I do. :)

It's normal for a new bottle to have a pale yellowish brown coloration when first opened. By the time it's used up the color will have darkened to the dark brown you are used to.

As far as the clouding goes, that sounds rather unusual. I would recommend checking with Seachem and see what they say. If they decide it's bad they may send you a new bottle.

I agree with Purrbox about the color of the solution, it is common for a new bottle to be lighter in color then the older bottle, but have never had it cloud my tank water, Check with seachem

Back
Top Bottom