co2 troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kristen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK...after a year long break i have finally set the high lights and co2 back up in my 29g and im having some problems with diffusing into my tank. I make the mistake of buying this two years ago http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=9935&N=2004+113779

The regulator works fine and so does the bubble counter but when I set it to 1-2bps it just doesn't make it to the tank...its like the pressure is too low. I took the diffuser off the line and just put it into the water to see if the bubbles were making in the tank but I can only get a steady flow if I up the bps to higher than I can count it. The glass diffuser sucks and im going to replace it to I was hoping to get some suggestions on what to use instead and how to get my co2 into my tank without suffocating my fish. Thanks in advance.

Did the diffuser ever work at that bubble rate? If so the disk may just need a good cleaning.

Otherwise and inline reactor is a good choice.

Something sounds strange. You shouldn't have any issues getting enough pressure. I Run 1-2bps on my tank, and my diffuser is 2ft under water - at higher pressure than could be in a 29gal.

What type of filter do you have?
I run my CO2 into one of these and then into the intake of my canister filter.

Where in Ohio are you located?

Do you have a leak in the system? 1-2 bps = 1-2 bps unless there is a leak. If there is backpressure, you wouldn't even get the 1-2bps out of the counter.

That is actually a really good set up. I have been using it for about two years as well. the only thing I had to replace was the cheap non-sealed buuble counter. I purchased a nice ADA glass bubble counter and it is perfect. The diffuser will get clogged and especially if you havent used it in a while.

evercl92- im in columbus

i am going to check for a leak when i get home tonight...i did a soap test but maybe i didnt catch it...i do think the ceramic in the diffuser is clogged but i am not going to mess with it, i just want to get a new one. I think my bubble counter is working fine...my seal is actually extra tight so im not sure why all the problems my low pressure is set to about 20-should i turn it up to 30?

I have a fluval canister filter

When you do your checks for leaks, check around the outlet of the bubble counter. This is where mine was leaking and wasnt creating enough pressure to get the CO2 out of the diffuser. I sort of had the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom