Duckweed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It can provide great cover for fry and it is fast growing so it takes up nutrients faster than most plants, meaning that your tank will have less nitrates. Other than that, I don't think there's that much that is positive about it. It a nuisance for the most part. Once you have it you have it for good. It's kinda like the herpes of plants!

It can provide great cover for fry and it is fast growing so it takes up nutrients faster than most plants, meaning that your tank will have less nitrates. Other than that, I don't think there's that much that is positive about it. It a nuisance for the most part. Once you have it you have it for good. It's kinda like the herpes of plants!

LOL nice analogy. :clown:

Haha I rest my case! :lol: I was just wondering if it was a good floating plant. I will look elsewhere.

i was thinking of adding it to my fish tank...as i have read so many positive things they do to the water quality...
i also added 4 MTS as i have read so many positive thing they do to the sand...man...im adding all these pests that people try to get rid of LOL

If you are looking for a nice floating plant for a tank you may want to think about frogbit. I don't believe it's as difficult to get rid of compared to duckweed, but I could be wrong. It is much nicer looking in my opinion and it is much larger leaved so it can be more easily removed from the tank. It has some awesome looking root systems too.

Duckweed can be a pain, but it does grow quickly, removing nutrients from the water. It is hard to get rid of, but not that difficult to control. Severums will eat it, and is one way to get rid of it.

WOW. This gives me an idea! I could make protein shakes for people from duckweed and make moneys! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom