Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

I probably had the same look on my face when the power saw incident happened. LOL.

I'll try a powerhead soon and see what happens. Right now, my CO2 is being diffused through a glass diffuser and has done well. I know they are not recommended for my tank but CO2 levels run 20-24 ppm (CO2 charts via pH and KH). The plants are also doing awesome. One drawback with the glass diffuser though is it gets dirty and plugged, has to be cleaned while a second one is in place, and I have to replace them a few times.

Thanks again for the info! I'll see what happens.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:53 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ezy33
"I have a canopy over the tank that is about 6-7 inches high. I purchased the lights, ballasts, and wiring supplies from AH Supply in Phoenix. To mount them, I glued in 1"x1" boards across the inner sides of the canopy, then mounted the lights onto 3" x 1" boards that run the length of the tank. I simply placed the 3" x 1" boards on the 1x1's and then slide the light strips where I want them. Problem is the canopy area is enclosed and retains the heat. I have mounted the lights as high as they can go and have slightly less than 2 inches between the lights and the tank."

IMO Move your ballasts out of the canopy and the lights to the top of the canopy. Add vent holes, fans if necessary. 2 inches is too close.

Tags
tan, temperature

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com