Fertilizers and cherry shrimps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hubert90

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've read around the Internet and came across alot of debate regarding whether the use of fertilizers while having shrimp in ur tank is healthy for the shrimp. So I decided y not ask the best forum there is (here)! So ya just wondering what u guys think

I use flourish excel and comprehensive in my shrimp tank with no ill effects whatsoever.

I have RCS and dose PPS Pro, as does fort. No ill shrimp effects. Though, he dosed some iron and killed off some of his CRS, but I think that was because it was an old bottle

mfdrookie516 said:
I have RCS and dose PPS Pro, as does fort. No ill shrimp effects. Though, he dosed some iron and killed off some of his CRS, but I think that was because it was an old bottle

Wow! Ermm I'm pretty new to all these terminology! Haha ive being keeping goldfish all my life! Just started to expand my horizon! Hahah do u mind ermm telling me what those terminology means? Haha cheers

I also occasionally use excel...

Just don't dump the last bit of Fe into a tank when the bottle of Fe is 3 years old as rook alluded to ;)

Other than that, have dosed with shrimp for years, and been fine.

CRS = Crystal Red Shrimp, the red/white shrimp in my avatar.

PPS = perpetual preservation system, a type of fertilizing regiment

RCS = red cherry shrimp

Fe = Iron

fort384 said:
CRS = Crystal Red Shrimp, the red/white shrimp in my avatar.

PPS = perpetual preservation system, a type of fertilizing regiment

RCS = red cherry shrimp

Fe = Iron

Ahh!! Sweet! Cheers! Hahaha I'm such a noob!

That's what we are here for. To help people. I learn every day. To answer you question I have yellow shrimp which are in the same family as CRS.

I've read around the Internet and came across alot of debate regarding whether the use of fertilizers while having shrimp in ur tank is healthy for the shrimp. So I decided y not ask the best forum there is (here)! So ya just wondering what u guys think

I use Flourish Excel and root tabs and my RCS do fine with them.

sorry to dig up old threads but i have another question.

flourish trace contains soluble copper 0.0032%. i dose about 2.5ml of trace twice a week. i dont use flourish thou. is that gonna harm my cherry shrimp? im thinking of buying cherry shrimps tomorrow

I have using flourish in my planted tank for a month now and my shrimp are getting bigger each week. They seem fine with it.

sorry to dig up old threads but i have another question.

flourish trace contains soluble copper 0.0032%. i dose about 2.5ml of trace twice a week. i dont use flourish thou. is that gonna harm my cherry shrimp? im thinking of buying cherry shrimps tomorrow

Hard to say, but going to their FAQ and info page for FT, I don't see any warnings and they're really good about that, since their reputation is on the line. You could email them and confirm, but a Google search indicates others using it in the same situation have had no problems.

Seachem. Flourish Trace

I use Flourish and it's got 0.0001% copper and my army of various shrimp are doing just fine.

Back
Top Bottom