Finding the right micro nutrient supplement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamHorton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'll be moving soon, and my micro nutrients just ran out. I know that quality and composition of my water will change for my 20G planted tank.

What kinds of things should I be testing for in my tap water? Or, is there just one type of micro nutrient that's super-awesome that I should be using anyways (like Prime is for water conditioners)?

One other thing, I have aspirations to take the fish out of this tank and move them to a bigger tank within the next 6 months, then make this tank into a planted shrimp tank! I don't know if it affects this other than "don't use copper," but I thought I'd mention it.

EDIT: Here's a page I have with all of my tank specs for the 20G (it's at the bottom of this page). It's up to date as of yesterday.

http://www.adamhorton.com/flog/?page_id=153

Last edited:
For a good micro nutrient mix, you have several great options. The most commonly recommended ones are Flourish "Comprehensive", Tropica Plant Nutrition, and CSM+B.

I would recommend either the Flourish "Comprehensive" for ease of use, or for enough dry fert to mix a hundred bottles of your own "Comprehensive" for the same price as 1 bottle of Flourish Comprehensive, pick up some CSM+B. Have used both myself (at different times obviously :) ) with great results.

Back
Top Bottom