Fish waste as aquatic fert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so my plants have gotten amazing growth with my new light and co2. I fert regularly but just wanted to know if the waste helps with the plants.

Yes it does as it breaks down. In a low light non co2 tank with heavy stock it can fertilize plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yup sure can. Most fish food provides everything plants need.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The beginning of this link touches on fish waste, nutrients, and plants... Introduction to Fertilizers for a Planted Tank. Personally even in my low light tanks I add small amounts of macro and micro nutrients along with a liquid carbon to help increase plant growth and photosynthesis. I actually have never relied solely on just fish waste in the 30+ years I've been doing planted tanks but that is just me. The fact you have CO2 and good lighting, fish waste could never supply all the macro and especially micro nutrients that plants need.

The beginning of this link touches on fish waste, nutrients, and plants... Introduction to Fertilizers for a Planted Tank. Personally even in my low light tanks I add small amounts of macro and micro nutrients along with a liquid carbon to help increase plant growth and photosynthesis. I actually have never relied solely on just fish waste in the 30+ years I've been doing planted tanks but that is just me. The fact you have CO2 and good lighting, fish waste could never supply all the macro and especially micro nutrients that plants need.

Yes I make sure to add micro and macro I am very OCD on these tanks. I clean all the poop out. Just thought if I didn't clean it as hard the waste would aid in growth. Also thanks for the link. Also I do 2 water changes a week to put new minerals in the water. My DHG is finally starting to spread after a week so as my first planted tank I am proud of the work

Back
Top Bottom