Gonna give Plants another shot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fiji007

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Everyone,

I haven't tried plants in a few years due to them completely messing up my 55 gallon and burning a hole through my wallet, but I think I'm ready to give it another try. I have a few questions to ask before I actually make any purchases.

1) I was planning on using a Finnex Stingray Aquarium LED Light for the 55 gallon but I don't know if I should buy the 48" version or two 24" strips. The length of my tank is 48" but there is a center brace so I'm not sure if the 48" would fit correctly. I also believe the 30" will fit my 29 gallon fine.

2) I'd like to start off easy with low light plants and no co2 right now. I was looking at coffee leaf anubias, anubias nana, hornwort, frogbit, java moss, water wisteria, and water sprite. Is this a good list of easy, low-light plants?

3) What is a good site to buy plants from? In the past I've bought from dustinsfishtanks but his prices are so expensive. I have looked at aquabid, but the choices are rather slim.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you.

I've seen plants come up for sale from members here every so often. You could look back through the classifieds section.

Back
Top Bottom