Good spot for java fern?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishayFishay

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just purchased this java fern today and plan to get more plants later on and this is my first one, it's pretty small when it comes to the stems/roots and I couldn't really get a good place for it to sit comfortably without it eventually getting loose. So I put it inside this ornament and I kinda hoped that it'll attach itself around the ornament. Can that happen in my situation? Check it out ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426545725.393982.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426545746.913878.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426545773.252851.jpg

Get a small piece of driftwood, or small lava rock. Tie it down with string.

As it is, it will probably stay where you put it, but won't really attach itself if the ornament doesn't have cracks or holes for roots to grow into.

Get a small piece of driftwood, or small lava rock. Tie it down with string.

As it is, it will probably stay where you put it, but won't really attach itself if the ornament doesn't have cracks or holes for roots to grow into.

I have this rock inside here, what do you suggest I tie it down with? I heard about someone using a fishing line but I have some that's real thick. I can use some sewing thread maybe? Would I tie it just above the dirt stem/roots?

Back
Top Bottom