groundcovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr_girlfriend

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i'm trying to come up with a groundcover for my planted 10 gal. would riccia work with 1.5 watt/gal? I'm also thinking of Monosolenium tenerum which i've read tolerates low lighting. Or Echinodorous latifolious (spear leaf)?

I probably sound like a broken record but, in low-light tanks, Marsilea spp. (Water Clover - actually a type of creeping fern) makes a great carpet plant. It's a bit of a slow grower but that also makes it easy to take care of. I find the stuff thriving in some of the shadiest areas of my tank.

I think someone also suggested dwarf sag. to me since I have the same issue. I am currently trying some Lileopsis but it is to early in the game to tell if it will work.

well, I guess what i read was incorrect about Monoselenium! oh well, Marsilea looks pretty good, thanks for the info travis. I couldn't find Lileopsis on aquariumplants.com or flordiadriftwood.com, but i'll look into it a bit more.

figures.....
I'd like to get more wattage, but if i'm gonna spend alot of money on lights, its gonna be for a sw tank! 8O
This is the first planted tank i've done, i've kept golddfish for so long I haven't had a chance to try plants until recently.
(goldfish+ plants=clogged filter)
I think I'll stick with your suggestion of Marsilea
thank you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom