Hairgrass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I got some hair grass how do u plant it, and how does it spread into carpet also the brown things on the plant are these the runners?

You plant it in small 1/2" sized clumps about an inch apart and in a checkerboard pattern. Without a picture I'm not sure what brown things your talking about. Also what type lighting and bulbs do you have as DHG needs high light, CO2 or liquid carbon, and a good fertilizing regime.

Thanks for responding rivercats I have 3 watts per gallon tank is 10 gals I'm just starting to plant, I'm using 2 DIY co2 (works pretty good) using seachem exeal all my plants are doing good also how does this plant spread

The watts per gallon rule is really obsolute that is why I asked the type of lighting and bulbs. It will spread by runners and root as it spreads.

Ok so the lighting is a t5 sunglow I believe they are also very tall can I trim them and if so how close to the substrate I just got them today and do u plant them root down like a reg. plant. Thanks rivercats

Yes you plant them root down and they can be trimmed to a good height but before trimming I'd let them adjust and root into the substrate.

Depends on each tanks set up but it can spread fast under optiminal conditions.

Back
Top Bottom