"Heavily planted"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea as of right now its hard to do the things I wanna do since I'm on a "student" budget lol

But I salvaged the led diodes from traffic signals cause my father in law owns a recycling center so all my leds are free

I made my co2 diffuser out of PVC pipe and placed it on the intake side of my ehiem 2217 and it works great and cost about 20USD

And I'm using two 2litre bottles with yeast and sugar and getting about 3-4 bps

Eventually I'm gunna post a thread about my entire set up including pics so everyone can see :)

Sent from my HTC Magic using Aquarium

kevkev3321 said:
Yea as of right now its hard to do the things I wanna do since I'm on a "student" budget lol

But I salvaged the led diodes from traffic signals cause my father in law owns a recycling center so all my leds are free

I made my co2 diffuser out of PVC pipe and placed it on the intake side of my ehiem 2217 and it works great and cost about 20USD

And I'm using two 2litre bottles with yeast and sugar and getting about 3-4 bps

Eventually I'm gunna post a thread about my entire set up including pics so everyone can see :)

Lucky you. I want some free LEDs too. Lol!

Using molasses in addition to sugar will make your DIY CO2 last longer. How do you measure your CO2 level? 3-4bps on each or total?

Looking forward to your thread. Send me a link so I won't miss it. Hehe.

Its a total of 3-4 bps, the only bad this it that when I first started the co2 I left it on over night and I'm guessing my Ph sky rocketed and one of my angels got sick and all his fins deteriorated, but luckily he got better after a pwc and his fins are getting better

There's no accurate way to adjust the amount of co2 going into the tank so I just run my air strip 24/7 and make sure the filter outlet splashes the surface, plusses I have pcu fans over my tank which cool and keep well oxygenated air over the tank

kevkev3321 said:
Its a total of 3-4 bps, the only bad this it that when I first started the co2 I left it on over night and I'm guessing my Ph sky rocketed and one of my angels got sick and all his fins deteriorated, but luckily he got better after a pwc and his fins are getting better

There's no accurate way to adjust the amount of co2 going into the tank so I just run my air strip 24/7 and make sure the filter outlet splashes the surface, plusses I have pcu fans over my tank which cool and keep well oxygenated air over the tank

Isn't the aerator going to disperse CO2 just as fast as you add it?

Back
Top Bottom