Help: Plant Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lovin Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I aquired some plants from the LFS 2 weeks ago, but no one knew what species they are. Could you please help me identify them? I need to know how to care for them. Also #6 has some browning around the outer edge of the leaves. Anyone know what's causing this? The others have some slight damage from snails but if I can properly care for the plants from this point on, they snail bites shouldn't make a difference. (I got rid of all the snails :))
Thankyou!

DSC00824.JPG

DSC00831.JPG

DSC00818.JPG

DSC00817.JPG

DSC00825.JPG

DSC00827.JPG

DSC00821.JPG

Thanks guys! So, I used what you said, and found that #4 looks to be an Anubias Zaire Congo, #5 looks like it's possibly a Anubias Bangkok and #7 is most likely a Dwarf Anubias (Anubias Nana). Now on to find out what the others exact names are!

Last edited:
Does #1 look like a very sick Tiger Lotus Jade (Nymphea Zenkeri)?
Does #3 look like a Echinodorus Bleheri Amazon Sword? I was also wondering maybe it's a Anubias Kwango Minima or Cryptocoryne Wendtii "Copper"? Or perhaps a Brazillian Sword?

2 looks like a crypt petchii a young one. Brighter light will bring out it's colors I have those myself.

This one is my favorite. I just love this little plant! I agree after looking up the crypt petchii, it is one of them. I will move it to my brighter tank! Thanks!!;)

Lovin Fish said:
This one is my favorite. I just love this little plant! I agree after looking up the crypt petchii, it is one of them. I will move it to my brighter tank! Thanks!!;)

I love it too!:) your welcome. I think your mystery anubias is a lanceolota btw.

I love it too!:) your welcome. I think your mystery anubias is a lanceolota btw.

Looked it up, and it sure resembles that one more than any others I've seen. The leaves are wavey at the outer edges though and lanceolota seem smooth. What do you think?

I think that #6 is a Anubia gracilis. Tell if you agree:)

Lovin Fish said:
Looked it up, and it sure resembles that one more than any others I've seen. The leaves are wavey at the outer edges though and lanceolota seem smooth. What do you think?

I think that #6 is a Anubia gracilis. Tell if you agree:)

I agree with number 6 I was thinking that too. And the lanceolota will need to put out more leaves for you to truly tell.

Thank you everyone that has helped with identifying my plants! I really appreciate your time!!! :thanks::D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom