help with plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rav

Aquarium Advice Regular
can anyone ID these two plants?

thanks,

Attachments

• plantid 001.jpg
    plantid 001.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 49
  • plantid 003.jpg
    plantid 003.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 48
  • plantid 004.jpg
    plantid 004.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 42
I can't remember what its called but I've tried them a couple times before and they died. If that is the same plant I'm thinking of, I saw somewhere that someone said they aren't fully aquatic plants.

They are not aquatic plants and will rot and foul your tank over time. I'm guessing you bought these at Petsmart or Petco. They are notorious for putting these semi-aquatic plants in the aquarium section. They are meant for ripariums or terrariums.

Last edited:
They are no aquatic plants and will rot and foul your tank over time. I'm guessing you bought these at Petsmart or Petco. They are notorious for putting these semi-aquatic plants in the aquarium section. They are meant for ripariums or terrariums.

LOL - petco.
thanks for the info

I believe they are called white ribbons. Confirming what has already been said, it is not aquatic.

Yes they are white ribbon plants I bought one on Monday and put it in I ask the exact same thing I took it out yesterday and put the stem in water and it's perfectly happy sorry :(

Back
Top Bottom