Houston, we have pearling :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. Since plants give off oxygen during photosynthesis, these bubbles are constantly being produced. It is only at a specific interval or time that the water is so saturated with oxygen that the small microscopic bubbles gather together to form a big one which is then visible to the naked eye.

Perhaps I missed this, but does that mean that you have finally given in and setup a CO2 system? ;)

Edit: Agreed--beautiful pic!

That is a nice picture and I like your new signature line (on the pic). I too wondered if you had started CO2 when I saw the thread title!

No C02 and getting pearling? Low light to boot! Excellent job, your plants are telling you how happy they are!

It's results like these that make me wonder at the spectacular tank you'll have if you ever go high light with all the bells and whistles. Simply amazing.

Wow, now that's impressive! See, its tanks like this that give us hobbyists hope to keep chugging along when everything appears hopeless. I don't think you should move over to CO2, there's no need! Very nice job.

How big is this tank by the way?

Back
Top Bottom