Id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishfan321

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought this and it was mislabeled as java fern. I don't think it is and considering it was 2$ I went for it. Any ideas?

from, Adam

Attachments

• image-1558612573.jpg
    image-1558612573.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 175
Another

from, Adam

Attachments

• image-1618838019.jpg
    image-1618838019.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 156
It is not java fern. I can't tell exactly what it is though from the picture... It is too blurry.

Turn your camera to the mode with a flower icon. That's macro. Almost every digital camera has one. I definitely agree it doesn't look like java fern.

Heres some different pics. waaaaay better with macro mode:D

Attachments

• DSC01352.jpg
    DSC01352.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC01346.jpg
    DSC01346.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 130
Cabomba is right. What kind of lighting do you have? It won't do well in low light.

Cheers rather a strange Cobomba normally quite tall and straight stem, agree low light does not work for this plant, I know as it came with a bundle of plants I received stayed healthy looking for afew weeks then just started to fall apart

Alright, right now I have extremely low light but come Monday- Wednesday I will have reef capable light. Will that be enough, or too much

from, Adam

It depends... good lighting for a reef tank is not necessarily good lighting for a planted tank.

What kind of lights are they? (wattage, type of bulb, color temp of bulbs)?

Heres a pic of specs

from, Adam

Attachments

• image-752476136.jpg
    image-752476136.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 89
Actnics aren't any good fr plant growth so you could swap these for 2x36w 6500k which would ve a good choice for planted tanks as this is the spectrum which plants prefer sounds like a good unit!

The actinics will not provide any usable light to your plants, as welshy said.

What size is the tank? Are you dosing CO2 or fertilizer?

It is a 33 gallon with no additives or co2. I only have wisteria and this plant. I am on a really tight budget so will the whites alone be good or do I really need that light you mentioned?

from, Adam

Two whites will be fine for low light but the Cobomba will not last very long under those conditions but you could give it a try

You'll have to decide between using it as is, or replacing the bulbs and adding Co2.. without co2, you'll have a big green mess if you replace the two actinics

Back
Top Bottom