Is this enogh light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobykourtney

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 2 coralife NO t5 48" lights on my 55 gallon tank along with DIY co2 injection and flourish. Anyone have any input on if this is enough light for plant growth?

What's the watts? I did a search on what you put and there's some coralife fixtures that are 2x28W 48" and some that are 2x54W 48", and they were both labeled as HO.

That's a good amount of light for low and medium light plants, but for plants towards the upper end of medium and high light plants, they won't do as well. There's a lot of plants you will be able to get with that setup.

Currently have java fern,banana plants,and pellia moss. I have another plant but don't no what it's called ill post a pic of it.

Looks like dwarf hairgrass.

It sounds like you have a reasonable amount of light for the setup you're running. I assume you have several 2L DIY CO2 reactors running?

I think the 2-2 liter diy co2 reactors isn't enough im starting to notice a bit of a green tint in my water

Back
Top Bottom