Just asking for interest, what is the most popular and top of the trend aquarium plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-Alex24-

Aquarium Advice Activist
I also want to know what plant most demanded. I am asking this question just for my personal interest. Please answer this question, you will help me a lot!

Hemianthus Callitrichoides "Cuba" most popular to me. It's also the reason why I got into fw tanks. I'm almost 3 weeks into the dry start method with 7.56w of LED light - 8" from substrate.

In my club it's Crypts or some of the red plant species. Our club has helped keep
Cryptocorne nurii Pahang mutated alive after it's gone extinct in the wild from Palm Oil plantations.

The Crypt wendii is my favorite of the green crypts. So easy and dependable. For me, the HC 'Cuba was nothing but an algae magnet and didn't grow well as I had medium light and Glut only at the time. Now that I have high light, CO2 I have found other carpets that I like better. ie. Glosso E. and UG. OS.

Everyone loves the look of HC. Few people are willing to do Dry Start Method and high light/high tech to do it justice if they are just starting out.

I envy my club members who grow it, but it dies in my tanks

Still it's super popular.

Red plants esp intense red are always popular, but they need high light as well as the right ferts.

Just look on TPT to see what plants are selling fast, rare stuff or algae free/snail free nice examples of popular plants sell fast also.

Ok thank you, i am going to try to find it because not many stores have it. How is it grown in the green house, emersed or submersed

What plants are most commonly used with the DSM?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Usually DSM is used for carpeting plants like HC. Anubias, not usually.
People doing Iwagumi style tanks use DSM often.

Google Iwagumi or check Aquascape World for amazing tanks and inspiration ?

Back
Top Bottom