Just bought laterite..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khalix

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is this the best method to go? Only thing I could find at any of the stores. I'm buying things in pieces and want to get the substrate and the filter in so I can begin my fishless cycle while I wait for my light to get here.

It's the API laterite. API® First Layer® Pure Laterite™ Aquarium Planting Medium - Plant Care - Fish - PetSmart

It's the only thing I could find locally for plants. I know I'm supposed to mix it.. but before I do.. is it even worth the money I spent on it? $20 for a package seems a little steep unless it works really well.

If it is acceptable.. what's usually a good top substrate to use? Should I just go with soil, or is there something else that's better to kind of "anchor" the plants in? Sand? I prefer the dark soil/sand look but don't want to top with soil if it's a bad idea.

:fish2:

Sorry, new at the whole planted thing. :)

I mixed flourite and floramax in my 40. The flourite has laterite in it. If you don't want a plant substrate you can use regular sand or gravel on top of the laterite

Back
Top Bottom