liberators 10g moss tank renovated rcs c. rasbora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liberator123

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive tried 2.5 gallon, then 5.5 gallon. both didn't work out. My rcs never lived for long... So, now i am putting together everything i had from them and trying it in my 10gallon! With new stuff of course. Behold!
img_2867515_0_88dfb957564a6d84f25263b1b1e528b1.jpg

(it doesnt look this purple in person, i blame my phone camera)
theres alot going on here that is new to me...
first, the lighting. it is a diy LED system. i used mix of bright white, deep red, and royal blue. that may be the reason why it looks purple in the picture.
second, the moss wall! my 5.5 gallon was just sitting without inhabitants for a long time after all of my rcs died, so all the moss just exploded so much that i can make walls! this is my first try with it and im using plastic canvas wrapped with the mesh that your can roll out from those bath scrubs.
Third, there are 4 different kinds of moss in this tank! java, anchor, flame, and willow. the moss wall is anchor, the driftwood has flame, the cholla wood has willow, and most tied rocks are java. they have not grown in yet and this is how the tanks looks right after scaping. There are still more plants im getting that isnt there yet, like hornwort, najas, and hairgrass.
The substrate im using is U.P. aqua shrimp sand mix with some eco complete and fluorite.
after a month of letting things grow out, ill be adding maybe 20 shrimps and maybe 5-10 chili rasboras!

It looks good...be sure to drip acclimate the shrimp that usually helps with survival

What does drip acclimate mean?

Pretty start!

It means to have the shrimp in a seep rate container with the water they are in when you get them, then take some airline tubing tie a few knots in it and make the water from your tank drip into the container with the shrimp for at least an hour I would say then put them in the tank....this is done so that the shrimp can slowly adjust to your water parameters

Back
Top Bottom