lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sirBubbly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
in my ten gallon i have

hornwort
java fern
moneywort
amazon sword
anacharis
and ?

i have two 15 wt light bulbs, is this okay for this setup?

When you say they are 15 watt bulbs do you mean incandescent or fluorescent? If they are fluorescent then you have plenty of light for that tank and probably need to add CO2 if you don't already.

i dont think that they're fluorescent, they came with my 10 gallon starter kit and the package that they were in just said 15 watt bulb.

if it is incandescent your 10 gallon should of come with 2 sockets for the bulbs. since its 15 watts im assuming thats it combined. and i think that means that its florescent? theres 15 watt incandescent bulbs, but a 10 gallon would come with 2 of them, so that means there would be 30 watts of light? (incandescent)

yes there are two sockets for the bulbs, they do look like the one in that picture, they do screw in and yeah together it would = 30 watts. will this be enough?

if you havent changed the bulbs you will probally have to change them. i got my bulbs from walmart. around 5.00. compact florescent.

Back
Top Bottom