Lighting w/o CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I really would like to have a good lighting source for growing planted tanks. My planted tanks will be 55g, 40B, 20H, 5g. All I have are the original lights and hood that came with the 55g which is 30 watts total, 40B with glass top and led strip, no lights or hood on 20H, and led light made into hood on 5g. My question is how can I properly light each tank for low/med plants in the least inexpensive way without having to use CO2?

Please suggest all thoughts and pics if you have the set-up your suggesting...thank you so much for any help you provide.

In my 50g all I did was change the standard lamps for plant specific spectrum lamps.

I went from T8 30w 18000k to T8 30w 6700k.

I grow crypts, Anubias, moss and some Pygmy chain sword all without Co2. But I do fertilise every other day.

I have 60w of T8 over my 50g.

Jon

In my 50g all I did was change the standard lamps for plant specific spectrum lamps.

I went from T8 30w 18000k to T8 30w 6700k.

I grow crypts, Anubias, moss and some Pygmy chain sword all without Co2. But I do fertilise every other day.

I have 60w of T8 over my 50g.

Jon

so are you saying just change my bulbs? may I see a pic?

Geronica said:
so are you saying just change my bulbs? may I see a pic?

What type of lights are they?

T5NO
T5HO
T8
?

If you're unsure post a pic of the lamp with any writing on it you can find.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom