Low-Tech Planted Tanks Share Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

venymae

Aquarium Advice Addict
Low-Tech tanks can be lovely and much less daunting to a beginner to planted tanks. I like to share and learn from other people and this is a great way to do so.
smile.gif

The idea in this thread is to post a picture of your low tech tank(s), explain the setup (equipment, lighting, substrate, ferts, etc) and briefly explain a few things you've learned that do or don't work with your setup.

Lets see all those beautiful low-tech tanks out there.!

I'll start. Here is my 10 gallon. Lighting is two coralife 10watt florescent compact bulbs. It's mostly fake, but the flora is one kleiner bar sword in the bowl its beautiful and alive! Bowl has regular potting soil with gravel cap. No ferts. No CO2. Fauna is two betta, some ramshorns, 6 oto cats, and one ghost shrimp.
87803-albums13782-picture65606.jpg

Next is a simple planted bowl. Indirect window lighting with an occasional desk lamp at night. Flora is two mystery swords. Fauna are a few red ramshorn snails. Garden dirt with fine gravel cap. No ferts, no CO2.
87803-albums13782-picture66063.jpg

Back
Top Bottom