Micro bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ldaniel

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,
I have been noticing tiny bubbles escaping from some of the cut stems and leads on some of my plants. They seem to produce more when all 4 bulbs are turned on.
Any idea why?
4 x 54 watt T5 HO 6700K
thanks.

ldaniel said:
Hey,
I have been noticing tiny bubbles escaping from some of the cut stems and leads on some of my plants. They seem to produce more when all 4 bulbs are turned on.
Any idea why?
4 x 54 watt T5 HO 6700K
thanks.

My plants do that too! I think it is just a part of the stem that got damaged and it is oxygen being released. It don't think it is really good or bad.

ldaniel said:
It's crazy to watch. I'll try and get a pic before I head into work.

The thing that I find so interesting is how the bubbles come out in a perfect pattern. Plants are amazing things!

I believe the aquatic term is 'pearling' and it is considered a good thing. It means that your plants are photosynthesizing well and converting the CO2 into Oxygen in the tank.

Ok, Thanks for the name. i will be google-ing it later on tonight. here are some pics that i was able to get. sorry if they are blurry or what not. they were taken with a cell phone.
37528-albums1609-picture13103.jpg

37528-albums1609-picture13101.jpg

And here is one of the tank today. the bubbles can not be seen unless you look hard for them. not sure if you can even see them in the pic.
37528-albums1608-picture13102.jpg

Back
Top Bottom