My Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wetfishies

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a few Rangeri Swords & Green Ozelots & I do not know the other two that I have. My question. Is it ok to take off the rock wool & put the plant back into the planter with gravel in that? Plants do take away ni-TRATES & ni-TRITES correct? How do I know if my plant is bad, Do I tell by the roots or leaves? what do I look for? How do I make sure the plants are working to take care of the trites & trates?

Generally speaking, if your plants are alive and showing new growth, they are working. Most plants introduced to a new environment will show signs of stress, but that doesn't mean they are 'bad' they just need time to adjust.

I would say it is best to remove whatever packaging substrate came with your plants if you're going to put them into an aquarium. Not all aquatic plants like their roots (rhizomes) buried though - I'm not familiar with your plants so I don't know, but finding the profiles for them shouldn't be difficult if you know the name.

I am going to have to research on my plants before adding them. :) Thank You

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom